fish on sports - radar arch any good?

Fixit

im looking at the uni arch captains package for 899
has anyone seen one or heard anything about them? good/ bad?

uni-arch-captains-package-free-shipping-58.jpg
fishonsports.com

Do you know where its made? I have seen some pretty horendous welds come from PRC. Add powder coating and whats it cost to go local? I would be curious as I am looking too.

im looking at the uni arch captains package for 899
has anyone seen one or heard anything about them? good/ bad?

View attachment 11224
fishonsports.com

Atlantic towers. I have sent quite a few people there after my bro bought his there awsome built units more expensive br you get what you pay for but way cheaper then a custom one.

Cheers

I am in the process of putting up my Atlantic Arch right now, doing it myself and just about got it all done (did it in just about two days, with one guy you could get it up in one I am sure), just running wire threw pipe and need to add a few Stainless Steel parts and lights and the ready to go , here is an earlier picture , will post when all finished.
Not being on the water with it yet, it seem very strong but time will tell when I get out !

They re made in Michigan and they are anodized

Not a big fan of powder coating. One ding or chip and it starts to flake off

ship it to "point to point" in Point Roberts. Its free for an account and only costs a few bucks per item. I do it all the time for free shipping.

If you do attach those with stainless steel hardware, be sure to isolate the aluminum from the stainless with an appropriate dielectric tape or lubricant.

If you do attach those with stainless steel hardware, be sure to isolate the aluminum from the stainless with an appropriate dielectric tape or lubricant.

Thanks for the heads up seadna , using rubber between the metals !

Survivor ... I have a 2301 and have been looking at the Atlantic towers. Would you mind telling me what you ordered and how much it cost. Does it fold down?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

atlantic towers 999
4 rod holders
additional holders 99ea
approx $200 shipping
$1800 for tower and 10 rod holders

fish on $899
8 rod holders
2 swivel rod holders
2 light mounts
1 net holder
free US shipping

makes for an easy choice IMO

or do i install these?
unfortunately my gunwales are at 45* instead of vertical so if i want to use them id have to cut them off and re tig them

holder1.jpg

holder3.jpg

holder2.jpg

Attachments

• holder2.jpg
    holder2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 639
Last edited by a moderator:
got my uni arch yesterday.
coming from a professional mechanic and an amateur fabricator i have to say im unimpressed.
horrible tooling marks, from the "mandrel" bends to razor sharp edges from the chop saw, poor tapping for the bolts, and cnc parts that looked like they were all thrown in a big barrel, dented up and then shipped off. rod holders that are all different lengths by up to 1/2" and a few that are on slightly different angles than the others.
1500 bucks to my door...

after 20 mins with a file to knock off the sharp edges, i had the arch all assembled, and after a short rant ive decided that although its not a 10/10 for the price and the number of rod holders etc, its not that horrible of a deal. justexpect to do some finishing work yourself when you do get one

I just finished putting an Atlantic on my Alumaweld and it's a great piece. Half of local cost by the time it hit my door.

Hey Fixit, you got any pics of that uni arch installed? Which model did you get?

I'm looking at possibly getting one for my boat as well, can't stomach the price of some of the other ones. And the boat isn't a beauty queen so no need to put a diamond necklace on a pig.

arch isnt totally installed yet
i got the pro package

if your close to lions bay your welcome to check it out

I'm in the south east so its a little too far to drive, but thanks.

Did you get it shipped to your door or pickup at a US depot?

I'm tempted to build one but things like bending the aluminum without it cracking and the deck pivots are holding me back

Back