Fish Finder

addicted

Looking to get a good new color fish finder. Any suggestions would be apprectiated. Anyone have the Garmin 340c?

Are you using for fresh or saltwater?

Do you want to see actual fish or just find the bottom?

If you go in the salt you need at least a good quality (i.e. Lowrance, Furuno, Simrad, Raymarine etc.) dual frequency 50/200mhz sounder with at least 600x800 pixel resolution or higher to have a chance at seeing real fish (i.e. fish arches), not just stupid fish symbols which could be anything or nothing. In this case be prepared to pay between $1,500 to $3,500. If you just want to see the bottom then just about any $500-$1000 unit will do. But if you just want to see bottom why bother with a colour unit. That my 2 bits. Good luck.

Went on to Lowrances website, this unit isn't even listed. IO have them listed for $999.00
I will give you 200 dollars for it and you can double your money!

Gotta great gps and a good radar. I was just wondering if one finder was better than the other. Yup, I'd like to find arches not symbols. Like to keep my electronics seperate, so just the finder would be nice. If I could find that unit for less than $100 though I'd scoop it up and resell it on ebay. Tight Lines!

dippin in the stolen goods bin? I bought a cheap humminbird and figured bottom and bait would be enough. Its ok. A few times i fished with higer end fish finders and the difference was substantial. I used that lowarnce baddog posted and it was great. Its nice being able to mark fish and seperate bait from other things. Worth the money if you have it

quote:This is what I have. Less than a hundred bucks and works great.

http://www.gpscentral.ca/products/lowrance/lowrancemarine/lms337c.htm

I have the same one only the 339 not the 337 and it was $849.00 on sale and have never seen it cheaper.

One thing i can say about lowerance is there customer service i had an older gps/mapping system and it broke down and sent it in.

They phoned me asking if I wanted to upgrade to a better color one and they had a few different options for me, settled on a way better one and they credited me my old one to the newer one so I got a great color one for just over 300 bucks, and this was right in the middle of summer and got it shipped overnight(they paid for that too)all within less than 10 days.

To me just that service will always make me by there product they definatly went the extra mile for me.

Good luck Wolf

Got a Furuno FC585 with a 1000watt transducer last summer.You can stand in the back of the boat on a sunny day and read it.Very good definition and detail.Still learning how to use it though.DAN

i have the 525 version of the lowerance. i got it at isl. outfitters for 999.99.
superb piece of technology.
like the fact its all 3. radar/maping/finder

Furuno 1st, Lowrance 2nd, look at your needs, install it properly and never look back.... GIT..ER..DONE[^]

Both furono and lowerance are a great product BUT price and service makes me go lowerance the other one is just to expensive for the same features, just my 2 cents

Wolf

Back