Fish Farms

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the same old same old. You ask, then studies and an names are given, real science is provided by real scientists, then you guys try to shoot holes through it. Only difference is, you guys offer opinions, not fact...and round and round we go.
If you really want to know, go back and read all the info that's already been provided. There are enough studies listed that you should be busy all weekend.
Absolutely Rockdog! Some posters are more interested in trolling and keeping up the illusion of doubt even by pretending that their questions did not already get answered numerous times - instead of actually having an informed debate where info/data/science is offered up for discussion. Doubt is a commodity in the FF debate (and well paid PR firms and spokespersons are often used to disseminate it) - especially when pro-FF pundits wish to obscure their effects - and derail the debate that points to effects.

Watch the movies "Thank You for Smoking" and "Merchants of Doubt" - it puts that defensive and sometimes successful PR response into perspective:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thank_You_for_Smoking
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchants_of_Doubt_(film)

Last edited:
Federal chief science advisor to investigate fish farms
https://www.nationalobserver.com/20...-chief-science-advisor-investigate-fish-farms
I am willing to accept the results are you?

Another GREAT post from Agentaqua below and it also if might also help us understand what we might expect regarding the post above.
Letter: Wrong for aquaculture industry to blame anglers
http://www.thetelegram.com/opinion/...aquaculture-industry-to-blame-anglers-196149/
The independent scientists came to the following conclusion.
The study refers to Eastern Canada.
"In a recent review conducted by the International Council for the Exploration of the Seas, 25 leading scientists reviewed over 150 studies about the impacts of net pen aquaculture on wild Atlantic salmon. Their conclusions were clear: salmon aquaculture negatively affects the productivity of nearby wild salmon populations."
"Couturier
(speaking for the Fish Farms) seems to suggest we should ignore the impacts of aquaculture because nearby wild populations are doomed anyway. Nothing could be further from the truth"
"There is one other troubling aspect to Couturier’s letter. While he identifies himself as a scientist with Memorial University, he fails to disclose that he is also President of the Canadian Aquaculture Industry Alliance"

Can we count on a totally unbiased study will be done by our DFO and Government?

Last edited:
Can we count on a totally unbiased study will be done by our DFO and Government?
Who gets to pick the representatives and how they will they be chosen - on what basis and on whose recommendation? That's the questions that need answering....

Only if the results give you what you want right? because you believe so hard in one direction that anything they say in the opposite will mean that its bias, ect..

Who gets to pick the representatives and how they will they be chosen - on what basis and on whose recommendation? That's the questions that need answering....

Just by the mere fact its being funded by the government you're gonna claim the representatives were bought and paid for by DFO...

Unless the results give you what you want right?

get called out for trolling lmao....... yet you keep answering AA. can you name the disease? NO? then there is none. can you tell me what salmon species and what runs are being ruined by Fish farming? NO?
well......then exactly who's trolling?

http://theprovince.com/opinion/op-e...rm-activists-leave-taxpayers-with-hefty-bills
money could be better spent on habitat restoration or well anything else

We all have an opinion regarding Fish Farms and you Bones certainly have yours, even though you often go around in circles.
The posts you refer to is new and I thank you for posting it.
That's what this forum is all about.
You are aware however the writer of the op-ed is the editor of a site which is sponsored and exists to promote Fish Farms.
Kinda makes you wonder about her unbiased credibility.
Fabian Dawson is editor of seawestnews.com, a website that promotes the science around aquaculture.

its not an opinion but a question!

your words: You guys above can debate until the cows come home
but there is action to remove these disease riddled Open Net Pen Atlantic Fish Farms on the horizon.

my question: what diseases do they carry?

this isnt rocket science here folks. if you cant back your self up why did you post this?is this your opinion?

We all have an opinion regarding Fish Farms and you Bones certainly have yours, even though you often go around in circles.
The posts you refer to is new and I thank you for posting it.
That's what this forum is all about.
You are aware however the writer of the op-ed is the editor of a site which is sponsored and exists to promote Fish Farms.
Kinda makes you wonder about her unbiased credibility.
Fabian Dawson is editor of seawestnews.com, a website that promotes the science around aquaculture.

Really fogged in? does that mean we now can't use all the news from activists like morton? who you so like to bring up all the time and parade around her pictures and videos. Morton is bought and paid for by the same Giant ENGO that fund the pipeline protests that represent American interests.

https://www.columbiavalleypioneer.com/opinion/b-c-views-untold-stories-of-b-c-salmon-farms/

"I’ve been writing about salmon farming off and on for more than a decade, and was one of the first to report on the “de-marketing” campaign backed by U.S. charitable foundations that was revealed using U.S. tax records by former salmon farm employee Vivian Krause."

B.C. VIEWS: Untold stories of B.C. salmon farms

Last edited:
Really fogged in? does that mean we now can't use all the news from activists like morton? who you so like to bring up all the time and parade around her pictures and videos. Morton is bought and paid for by the same Giant ENGO that fund the pipeline protests that represent American interests.

I think you missed the point Wildman
You, I, bones Agentaqua and a whole slew of people post news released from what may be called biased sources.
They are all worth reading.
It's is however important to recognize the source both pro and con stories.

Sigh...

From our posting guidelines...again.

Do not make posts that are personal in nature, stir the pot, or provoke another member in such a way that the post serves no purpose but to cause an argument and is irrelevant to the the thread topic.

The few of you that are chasing each others tails in a circle need to stop now. Everyone gets it...you guys do not agree with each other and will never believe each others science/opinion. Anyone who calls someone a troll, or a mouth piece for the FF industry, or asks the same question, that has already been asked by both sides a thousand different ways, of another member to defend their position is going to find themselves in a lengthy time out.
Time for you boys to go find something else to do with your time for awhile or until something REALLY NEW ON THIS TOPIC comes to light.

Actually it was 12 days old, but I hope he make a few land based farms work. Just takes money.

I do not understand......

Members can come her make claims, post claims about an industry. When I ask a question about the some of the facts they say are happening, then do not answer them. This isn't a very fair debate if admin is going to defend one side. Nobody has offended anyone other than one member being called silly.

If your going to come on to a PUBLIC forum and continuously claim fish farms are spreading disease then I have a right to know what its called.

Not going to have a public debate on how this thread is moderated. Re-read the post. Didn't direct any comments specifically at any members on one side or the other of this endless debate. The anti fish farm side has used the same tactics and the warning is there for everyone.
We get complaints from members, who aren't heavily involved in posting in this thread, about the incessant clutter and endless nonsense that goes back and forth between the few of you.
The warning stands for everyone. Don't like it...don't care.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back