Fish Farm Thread closed down

Status
Not open for further replies.

fogged in

"Fish Farms
Discussion in 'Conservation, Fishery Politics and Management.' started by fogged in, Feb 21, 2018.
Thread Status:

Not open for further replies."

Bones is completely responsible for derailing the “Fish Farm” thread so ADMIN. decides to not allow further posts.
Bones wins!!!
Many responsible members want to see Fish Farm news and Bones will continue to make ridiculous posts saying in one way or another “show me the dead wild fish” and turn the discussion into a **** show.
The answer is not to shut down the subject, but to shut down BONES!!!

Do you think your shouting could have had something to do with it? No? Oh I see, you just don't agree with him so he should be be banned ...

Do you think your shouting could have had something to do with it? No? Oh I see, you just don't agree with him so he should be be banned ...
While it is obvious bones (or Fabian Dawson or whatever ) only posts on fish farm related threads, and is constantly derailing those thread with the ridiculous "show me the dead fish" rant which just shows he has never actually been on the water or knows anything about the ecology of the marine environment, I have to agree he shouldn't be banned just for his disagreeing. If that was the criteria I would have been long ago. However if he becomes too annoying and repetitive (media 101 - repeat messages ad nauseum) we all have the option of putting him on ignore, we will only see what every other poster puts up. If everyone does that he has no audience to rant to, and perhaps his salmon farm sponsors decide to stop funding him to be here.

While I agree with the forum owners for enforcing the rules to not allow personal attacks (standard rules for all online public forums) I do hope that another fish farm thread gets started as this is a very important issue that impacts us all and many want to discuss it. The key is to do it respectfully. Hard to do at times because many are passionate about this subject (myself included), but required none the less.

"Fish Farms
Discussion in 'Conservation, Fishery Politics and Management.' started by fogged in, Feb 21, 2018.
Thread Status:

Bones is completely responsible for derailing the “Fish Farm” thread so ADMIN. decides to not allow further posts.
Bones wins!!!
Many responsible members want to see Fish Farm news and Bones will continue to make ridiculous posts saying in one way or another “show me the dead wild fish” and turn the discussion into a **** show.
All I asked for was your data from which you are basing you opinion from. You have no data so instead of taking the high road and not answering you attacked me personally. This is why ifs been shut down.

Now you started a new thread....... wow

"Fish Farms
Thread Status:

Bones wins!!!
I think the best response is to mostly ignore repetitive and inane posts by posters who are simply trolling and trying to derail posts, FI. There is even an ignore option so that you don't even have to see their posts.

And now we are going to debate who's fault it is that the FF thread was shut down. The very fact that this is the basis of a thread tells us everything we need to know about why these discussions are not sustainable. We have repeatedly posted warnings, suggested people ignore members that cause them to lose their steering, stop baiting others by demanding "proof" to back up their science or opinion, stop calling other members names and to generally behave like adults rather than school yard bullies in the 3rd grade. And, before we get told one more time at how we always favour one side or the other, this is directed at too many of you on both sides of this incessant argument. We get that this is an important subject but you are going to need to find your information on the topic somewhere else, as Fish Farm threads are now off limits here. Done with refereeing these events for awhile. Perhaps you will find some interesting discussions on fishing, which is what this forum is really all about, that you can join in on without getting into fights constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back