Feelers for sale and advice hds9 carbon vs go7

vangoalie

Just looking for some advise and feelers, hopefully in the right forum. I have a Simrad Go7 I may be selling with or without the transducer, not sure yet, I bought it brand new a couple of years ago but got a great deal on a Lowrance hds9 Carbon with the 3 in 1 transducer with chirp from a friend who bought it last year and never installed it then sold the boat so it’s brand new. I currently on the boat have a basic 83/200 transducer that came with the Go7. I have a few questions, what would be the value of the Simrad Go7 with the 83/200 transducer or without? It’s not an expensive transducer. Is the new transducer although much bigger worth the effort of the upgrade or do I just stick with the one I already mounted on the boat? And lastly is the Go7 to the HDS9 Carbon with the upgrade at all, are they similar products or is one much better that the other, size apart? Or do I just resell the carbon. I know bigger is always better, lol. Always appreciate the advise and help.

The 9 is really nice, bigger and brighter screen than older models and fs Lowrance, probably the same over the go7 but you only notice the difference in direct sunlight.

I’d upgrade them both screen and transducer if I had them in hand.

If you have money on a LOC or variable rate mortgage sell the Lowrance and pay that off or buy rrsp/tfsa. If your not worried about those do the upgrade

Basspro/cabalas doesn’t have them on sale right now so it’s worth good money, as soon as they put them on sale again, like they always do it will be worth a lot less.

Thanks, not worried about the money. Just trying to figure out what the best option is, my boat is a 98 Campion 185.

I run dual 7” on my 185 DE. Lower profile than a single 9 and more screen size.

Thanks, I only want to run one unit, was at the boat today and the transducer I gave is the HDI transducer. Anyone with a value of the go7 with and without the transducer? Thanks

Back