Fantastic Day @ the Big Q with My Step Dad

MyEscape

Fantastic day on the water with my Step Dad. Got out @ about 2 pm @ Deep Bay headed over for some ling cod in behind Norris Rock we pulled up to a boat and asked hows it going they said great, just then we watched him pull in a big ling asked him what he was using for bait he said this and threw me over half a tray of big herring said he was limited and pulled away.

Put them down and boom within 10 minutes and 4 herring later we were done besides it was time to get to the big Q for tide change and we had one nice legal ling and one green ling.

Arrived at the Big Q wow lots of boats in a small area away from the river mouth time to get in on the action. Dropped one to 25 one to 35 in 38 feet of water. Watched many jump and fin around us. Then bam and the lovely sound of a screaming reel. After a heated fight coming to the boat he decides he's had enough and goes nuts twang out comes the hook. After a few foul words later it was gear down and back to fishing. Shortly after that I had two more hits on the same rod but nothing would stick so I pulled up gear and sharpend the hook a bit more and put it back down 20 minutes later bam same rod, I said to myself and my Step Dad this ones is not getting away. By this time there was over 40 boats around but must say everyone was very polite and got out of my way or pulled there gear up. Landed it nice 14 lbs Chrome Chinook. Many passes back and forth and a few hits later we were shocked at how time had flown by.

Now it's about 5:45 and we agreed that we would make one more pass before calling it a day. While right in the biggest group of boats big bang and line was sceaming off the reel most boats saw what was going on or heard me holler FISH ON and moved out of the way. I thought I got sealed till the fish surfaced quite a distance away still going full speed. Two more sceaming runs and he was in the cooler.

Awesome day very sunny, hot and flat calm to bad we had to head in but as it was we were quite late for our family dinner.The second time fishing for my Step Dad and he did great and took to it quickly. He's a great navigator on the helm to. Sure was great to get him into some fish today. We were both very happy, time well spent together.

Two Male Chinooks 14 and a 21 One Nice Ling Cod and One Greenling what a day and all in less then 4 hours!!!

Chinooks one caught on Bubble Gum Sqirt and but most hits and the biggest fish caught on Pink and Pale Blue Squirt both were rigged on swivels with a single hook both trailed behind a coho special flasher approx 27"

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c194/KLench/BillandKev2.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c194/KLench/BillandKev.jpg

Someone hailed me on the VHF then mine went dead sorry I didn't reply. Who was it just curious

Cheers ME

forgive my ingnorance but what is and where is the big Q

thnaks and glad you had a good day

Back