Family Success in Ucluelet

rbv

Just thought I'd share a couple of pictures of our family's fishing success during the last two weeks of August in Ucluelet. Sorry its a bit late ...

Thanks for all the insight this forum offers. Living in the interior of BC allows us very little opportunity to fish the salt, so thanks for sharing your reports. They help me cope while I can't fish ...

During our first week (3rd week of August) we had good success close to shore with chinook up to 25lbs on anchovies and coyote spoons. The last week of August was slow in close to shore, so good weather allowed us to venture out to South Bank in our 1969 18' Crestliner where we landed our biggest yet, a 33 lb chinook, amongst others, mainly on Tomic Spoons.

My Kids admiring our morning's catch. Our two boys and even our 4 year old daughter had great fun out there ...
My wife holding our 33 pounder proved to be a great fishing partner ...

I don't think the photos worked.. I'll try again:

IMG_1876.jpg

My wife holding the 33 pounder proved to be a great fishing partner...

IMG_1873.jpg

My kids admiring our morning's catch. My boys and even my 4 year old daughter had fun out there.....

Its a great lake boat. We live on the Shuswap. Not a great ocean boat but its okay for fishing as long as I pick my weather carefully. It has a Johnson '88 Speacial (90HP 2-stroke) and an Envinrude 9.9 4-stroke kicker.

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

RBV, what part of the interior are you from. I know the feeling, it is awesome fishing on the WCVI, my first year as well. Well done.

Great to see you had the kids along and that you all enjoyed yourselves.

Some very nice fish there Thanks for sharing.

Merrittboy,

We're from Salmon Arm. I still enjoy flyfishing around home but it does not quite rank with the experiences we have out on the ocean.

rbv

It is a lot of fun out there. Did u guys camp? We went to UKILLIT several years in a row with the kids, fished on the big boats, made me realize that I needed my own boat. Spent most of the summer in Renfrew, dream come true. U should thik about giving that a try. Did u mean that u went out to the banks? I hope that I am brave enough next year!
IslandJuly057-1.jpg
[/img]

It is a lot of fun out there. Did u guys camp? We went to UKILLIT several years in a row with the kids, fished on the big boats, made me realize that I needed my own boat. Spent most of the summer in Renfrew, dream come true. U should thik about giving that a try. Did u mean that u went out to the banks? I hope that I am brave enough next year!
IslandJuly057-1.jpg
[/img]

quote:Originally posted by Merrittboy

Did u mean that u went out to the banks? I hope that I am brave enough next year!

Nice Halis Merrittboy. We just went out to "South Bank". Only about 5 miles South of the Lighthouse. We were careful to pick good weather, which we were fortunate to have lots of ....

quote:Originally posted by Merrittboy

Did u mean that u went out to the banks? I hope that I am brave enough next year!

Nice Halis Merrittboy. We just went out to "South Bank". Only about 5 miles South of the Lighthouse. We were careful to pick good weather, which we were fortunate to have lots of ....

Back