Facebook Powell River Wjnter spring fishing

Nice fish ! Harwood has been good all winter long, especially the backside. Lots of undersize around with a few nice ones mixed in, 200 ft. Haven't seen alot of bait around, the last one we kept had a couple herring and a couple shiners in the belly though. The bite for us has been right on the tide change each time out.

We had some nice weather like that this winter, a couple good days out too, that fish probably has a bad headache,

Great video, thanks for sharing!

Plugger, are you talking about the Rebecca rock side or the top end facing Grants reef and Vivian Island, I know you are from Powell River but not being from there myself I am not quite sure what you mean by backside?

Yeah the Grants side is what we call the backside of Harwood, nice long tack always been a good winter spot, it's closed during most of the summer months

Thank you, Plugger, I see the closure is from June 15th to August 15th. Thanks for the heads up as the only time I am in that area is in the summer months and although we have never fished that particular piece of water it is good to know about this closure well ahead of time.

Was out at hardwood on Sunday nothing. I have heard of the odd fish around pr, nothing to get excited about.

Got out twice last week. Thurs night landed a 9.5 at Coho Pt so on Sun went back and pick up its twin. Both times around 180'IMG_3366.jpgIMG_3377.jpg

Very nice fish, heavily spotted tails and purple sides definitely early spring Georgia Straight feeders, I've caught many hundreds of these homesteaders over many years and they never disappoint in their sheer beauty and fighting abilities.

Not since last week, sounds like it has slowed down a bit. Heading out this weekend. It was crazy last week at coho and harwood.

I heard some good reports today I know of 3 boats with 3 fish each and 2 of those were 28lbs. You know there were more boats out there and this is just what my buddies told me. Coho point it's game time.

Three in the boat tonight. Lost one on a double header. Nothing big but seen a 27 at the dock. Lots of boats hooking up.

Back