F350 GVWR/registration/ICBC etc.

Nice, my Sister just bought my Parents' place in Courtenay 10 acres. Cumberland is great in the summer but a little chilly in the winter in my opinion so don't get lulled into the summer vibe there. There are a couple of nice properties close by my parents place, but both are starting to sit long on MLS, I think most people with acreages are going to be open to offers especially if they are on variable mortgages or their mortgage is coming up for renewal. https://www.realtor.ca/map#ZoomLeve...nTypeId=2&PropertySearchTypeId=0&Currency=CAD

Also reading back over this thread I have to comment on how crazy it was to get a truck over the last 18+ months.

I ordered a '22 F350 in Ontario near the end of '22, it was supposed to be 3 or 4 months. By spring of '22 the dealer told me that I wouldn't be getting a truck and tried to sell me a used truck for about $30K more than the new truck was going to cost. I wasn't doing that.

I dealt with several dealers trying to get '22 trucks coming in similar to what I wanted and all of them wanted big premiums on top of the sticker prices. I wasn't doing that.

I didn't know when I'd land in BC so I ended up ordering the '23 truck from a dealer in Vancouver last October. Got exactly the truck I wanted. Got a great price, although the price on these things had climbed significantly from when I first started looking. No BS fees either.

Crazy times getting a truck... I hope the boat comes easier!

Nice, my Sister just bought my Parents' place in Courtenay 10 acres. Cumberland is great in the summer but a little chilly in the winter in my opinion so don't get lulled into the summer vibe there. There are a couple of nice properties close by my parents place, but both are starting to sit long on MLS, I think most people with acreages are going to be open to offers especially if they are on variable mortgages or their mortgage is coming up for renewal. https://www.realtor.ca/map#ZoomLevel=16&Center=49.707102,-125.022437&LatitudeMax=49.71225&LongitudeMax=-125.00783&LatitudeMin=49.70195&LongitudeMin=-125.03704&Sort=6-D&PGeoIds=g30_c0z4sp4s&GeoName=Courtenay, BC&PropertyTypeGroupID=1&TransactionTypeId=2&PropertySearchTypeId=0&Currency=CAD
I'm coming back from enduring the last 13 years in Ontario so I'm not worried about winters anywhere on the island! LOL... Thanks for the warning though, I'm sure I'll go soft sometime in February wherever I am...

Yeah, I've seen a couple acreages we really liked and were close to pulling the trigger on one a couple weeks ago, that unfortunately just sold, but I'm waiting for my Ontario property sale conditions to clear before I commit to anything. I don't want to end up sitting on 2 mortgages in this market. The rental will give us time to land somewhere good.

Back