Etiquette question: how close is too close off someone's stern?

Yes, there is my #1 pet peeve. That boat doesn't catch a break from me after that

Never, ever fish the cap, some certian gradys figure that's the only way to fly. Even more annoying are the yachties who won't burn an extra 4 Oz of diesel and insist on passing through with the largest wake their hulls produce. Burgee people I'm talking to you!

Never, ever fish the cap, some certian gradys figure that's the only way to fly. Even more annoying are the yachties who won't burn an extra 4 Oz of diesel and insist on passing through with the largest wake their hulls produce. Burgee people I'm talking to you!
Don’t worry I wont be fishing there. It was too crowded for me back in the 80’s

You don’t want to be around Ucluelet then. Never seen the likes of it, not so bad on the troll but I’ve never seen so many googans fly by people at high speed while others are on the troll. And to be honest some of the charter boys are the worst by far. But once one group starts doing it it sets a precedence and they all do it.

Was coming into harbour one day this year maybe a little fast, I didn’t think so, since I was still a ways out, I think I was doing 7 mph and my light boat doesn’t throw much wake anyways. But met one of the well known charter boats and the guy is hanging over the side giving me the slow down thing. So I did, no issue. Next day the wife and I are out on the troll and out of the fog comes buddy honking on it straight at us, he never saw us until the last maybe 50’ if that, here he was on his cell phone and just about smoked us. I guess that’s ok, cruising 30 mph in the fog not watching where your going and headed into the fleet but 1 mph over his expected speed is a no, no. What a putz lol.
Yeah some of the guides there are not too friendly and seem to think they own the water which is unfortunate

Actually the Klamath and Sacramento rivers still have huge returns, no nets!
The Klamath has pitiful returns compared to even a few decades ago! The quota for sports fishermen in the area around the Mouth, depicted in the photo I posted, is 318 SPRING SALMON FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON! From the Iron Gate Dam, way up near the Oregon border, clear down to the mouth, a total of 1,420 chinook can be caught.

As for the Sacramento, this dirge from their guide-service combine tells the story of a fishery on its last legs. Here's a section from their report from yesterday. "Ryan Tripp’s Guide Service shocked the social media platforms this past week with a whopping fourteen salmon creel for his seven guests. The biggest boat limits in freshwater this season to date. " https://www.salmonsacriver.com/fish...mento/river/guide/charter/northern-california

Huge returns? Get real!

The Klamath has pitiful returns compared to even a few decades ago! The quota for sports fishermen in the area around the Mouth, depicted in the photo I posted, is 318 SPRING SALMON FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON! From the Iron Gate Dam, way up near the Oregon border, clear down to the mouth, a total of 1,420 chinook can be caught.

As for the Sacramento, this dirge from their guide-service combine tells the story of a fishery on its last legs. Here's a section from their report from yesterday. "Ryan Tripp’s Guide Service shocked the social media platforms this past week with a whopping fourteen salmon creel for his seven guests. The biggest boat limits in freshwater this season to date. " https://www.salmonsacriver.com/fish...mento/river/guide/charter/northern-california

Huge returns? Get real!
Gee, well that is what a friend that lives down there told me.

He often fishes for big rainbows eating the eggs below the chinook reds

Kinda depends on depth fishing 50ft depth in close to 50+ boats, close seems to work for no grieve.
Out jigging cod and a boat keeps coming up about 50-100ft away I say **** off and learn the area on your on! Which happened a few days ago

Back