Estuary fishing

Scott2010

If an area in front of an estuary is open to retention, then wouldn't that apply to the estuary as well? For example, the englishman is catch and release, but then one could retain in the estuary? Coho retention was increased last year on the East coast and I think i missed out on some estuary retention opportunities.

Thanks, Scott

I believe that the stream starts at the high tide mark and any lower is the ocean, but I am not positive on that. I have wondered the same thing.

There's usually a "legal" tidal boundary that is not necessarily the same as the actual one. Often a bridge, a falls or a marker. Estuaries are sometimes protected for other reasons as they are important sensitive parts of the system.

There's usually a "legal" tidal boundary that is not necessarily the same as the actual one. Often a bridge, a falls or a marker. Estuaries are sometimes protected for other reasons as they are important sensitive parts of the system.

I agree, estuaries are sensitive. I don't condone fishing skinny water in the estuary, rather more out at the tide line; beach fishing really. It seems like a grey area retention wise.

Scott

Back