Esquimalt Anglers Launch

pescador

Anybody know what the lowest tide is to launch safely at Esquimalt Anglers? I've got a 21 footer that weights in at about 3700lbs all loaded up.

Pescador

I think you can pretty much launch there at any tide. At low tide the slope will get fairly shallow and you will have to back up quite far but it's doable without getting your car into the water - may need boots though to walk around the winch. But that is only at very low tides though.

Maybe one of the regulars out there can chime in on this one but from my own experience, I'd say let'r rip. It is a very light grade sloping into the water. No steep drop. It's kind of a pain even at high water but definitely not dangerous by any means at any height. Even at low it's fine to get out of there. I have put in my 24' Striper there dozens of times at any given time with no problems at all. Be prepared to get your truck wheels wet though or drive the boat off your trailer.

Thanks guys. I thought it was doable at pretty well any tide. I see this weekend early a.m. is a 2 footer so just wanted to be sure.

Pescador

Two feet or higher you are okay. With large boats below two feet
you run the risk of dropping trailer tires off end of concrete.
This might cause a problem if coming out at this low tide. Four
wheel drive is an asset. The end of concrete is marked on both
sets of floats with red paint. Check it out before launching.

Back