English Bay crabbing

BigHog

So I'm coming out of the Vancouver harbor this morning around 730 and I come thru the narrows and I see a Native commercial boat (who I have seen many times before) setting/pulling traps off the mouth of the Cap river. So I think to myself hmmmm crabbing is closed because of the oil spill right!! Does this not apply to EVERYONE including First Nations boats? If DFO closes an area because of environmental concerns it should apply to ALL or am I missing something ......

Maybe I am wrong and they are fishing Prawns!

WTF !

Bighog,
I heard DFO was doing daily or weekly test sets checking toxin levels or something I cant remember the exact circumstances now but
could they have contracted this boat to do it?
IDK just asking, did you call it in ?

No didn't call it in. That would be acceptable if they are doing tests sets. We are losing allot of quality crab time with this closure. Pretty sure the commercial guys wouldn't be held back 2 weeks for that opening. Be nice to see some sort of correspondence with the REC fishers.

my 2 cents.

Bighog,
I heard DFO was doing daily or weekly test sets checking toxin levels or something I cant remember the exact circumstances now but
could they have contracted this boat to do it?
IDK just asking, did you call it in ?

Back