Engines on Facebook Used Victoria and Craigslist

I’d go with Carter Tofino or a factory Renan or even todays clearance prices on new at those lease return prices for the High hour ones. After tax a 1100 hour engine with no prop and controls will be pretty expensive. It might have felt different when it wasn’t so expensive for the labour to install an engine as well. Many people’s idea of low hour boats are well under 1000.
Ones budget comes into play though, as you do mention expensive. I don't agree that those are high hours, especially trolling style. Controls, if needed, and labour to install is the same if an engine is new or used .

If there are still lease return engines available, maybe that says something about the market saturation, as in previous years those engines were all sold with a waiting list well before they arrived from the lodges.

Ones budget comes into play though, as you do mention expensive. I don't agree that those are high hours, especially trolling style. Controls, if needed, and labour to install is the same if an engine is new or used .

If there are still lease return engines available, maybe that says something about the market saturation, as in previous years those engines were all sold with a waiting list well before they arrived from the lodges.
Yeah it lines of credit were cheap and so was everything else right now, and there was no inventory of new engines than a lease return at 40% of list price with 1100 hours looks pretty good when you don't want to sink $2500 into your old engine, that just let you down. I am just suprised at how many 2010 plus engines have a blown power head or leg with under 2000 hours. I know there are tons that go much longer but.... If I'm dropping 15-20k on a used motor install I'd like low hours.

Wish I could’ve kept the low hour 150 but needed some extra HP for the new project. Ironically I just purchased a high hour 2019 225 seapro that had been sold by Bridgeview. Definitely a bit of a gamble going that used high hour route but l would be more worried about those 8+ year old engines even if the hours are low.

Believe it or not, a local water taxi just cracked 7000 hours on a set of 200 Seapros. Original legs and power heads. Mind boggling.

Wish I could’ve kept the low hour 150 but needed some extra HP for the new project. Ironically I just purchased a high hour 2019 225 seapro that had been sold by Bridgeview. Definitely a bit of a gamble going that used high hour route but l would be more worried about those 8+ year old engines even if the hours are low.

Believe it or not, a local water taxi just cracked 7000 hours on a set of 200 Seapros. Original legs and power heads. Mind boggling.
Funny chatting with a Tofino guide at new years who said his friend got rid of his merc 200’s that were lemons (he didn’t say seapro) and switch back to the 150hp mercs. Sounds like the seapro is the way to go.

Funny chatting with a Tofino guide at new years who said his friend got rid of his merc 200’s that were lemons (he didn’t say seapro) and switch back to the 150hp mercs. Sounds like the seapro is the way to go.
Got twin SeaPros and love them...

The whale watching boats locally seem to be all Sea Pro versions, they have ridiculous hours on them too.
Growing up I was always lead to believe that the heating up and cooling down of an engine is what limits its life, hence the crazy miles on taxis that ran almost around the clock.

Or that they are getting greedy and charging too much for high hour motors.

Tom Campbell regularly get 5000 hours a set but he keep on the maintenance

Is there a big difference in part numbers between a seapro and non seapro in the same HP? Wondering how many parts are actually different.
Sea pro and non are the same engine, they restrict the intake and turn 500 less rpm, the v8s restrict by throttle body programming and the 150s have a restricted plate in the intake.

300 is 276hp and 150 are 135hp. And peak tq on a 150 is 4500 instead of 3500rpm, I did a lot of digging…

I was the first to put a deposit on a 300 seapro from bridgeveiw in September and as of a week ago I never received any information on how many hours mine was going to have. I ended up cancelling my deposit and going with a higher hour unit and put money toward a house down payment.

I called today and this motor is 985 hours, it does not include prop or rigging but they put together alum prop/control/cable packages for the lease returns for $1500.
I bought one last year, (115) but had my own rigging already. And because I went from Merc to Merc, it only took a couple of hours to install the new one. All of the quotes are the identical in that they do not include prop or rigging, same if you want a Checkpoint Yamaha lease return.

985 hours is nothing. That is a good deal, look at what they want for that 150 Yamaha above, the year it is, and how many hours are on it.

Yeah. I checked online and could pay about half price on what they quoted me on some things . The stainless prop itself isn’t cheap, possibly a different between top and side mount controls too. Either way it was enough for me to find boats with 150hp merc still under warranty for less than the quote.
Eco enertia props are $1500 alone Uhg

Back