Electric Boat winch

spring fever

Getting old-need an electric winch to haul out my Orca onto the trailer. Have a 3600 lb handraulic Fulton works great -BUT I DON'T-had trouble hoisting a drink last night after fishing, so time to go back to an electric winch! I want to get the right one-any suggestions as to size, make and where to buy would be appreciated. The Orca is heavy but the trailer has many mods, half roller, half bunk with UHMW on the bunks so it does slid on and off well. Don't really want to go to Van but could get one picked up there if I had to .Thanks guys.

Getting old-need an electric winch to haul out my Orca onto the trailer. Have a 3600 lb handraulic Fulton works great -BUT I DON'T-had trouble hoisting a drink last night after fishing, so time to go back to an electric winch! I want to get the right one-any suggestions as to size, make and where to buy would be appreciated. The Orca is heavy but the trailer has many mods, half roller, half bunk with UHMW on the bunks so it does slid on and off well. Don't really want to go to Van but could get one picked up there if I had to .Thanks guys.

I took my electric winch off as it stopped working and installed a boat buddy. https://www.etrailer.com/Boat-Trailer-Parts/Kodiak/KBB2.html

It's been working great so far. No winching required.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Might work sometimes but not always, I had a pile of non-boaters with me yesterday and had to winch on-My boat is too big for me to drive on by myself and get off. Thanks never seen one of those before,

Both Fish Assassin and I have StrongArm TW 9000 electric winches Works like a charm so far.

Both Fish Assassin and I have StrongArm TW 9000 electric winches Works like a charm so far.
Went and saw his unit yesterday and looks like it works for me too!! Talked to Wayne at CV and he gave me a fair(whats fair these days) and I'll have it in my hot little hands tomorrow. Glad you're happy with yours. Thanks for the reply.

I have had a Strong Arm ( same model) for the past 5 years and it performs well. Boat weighs in around 6500 lbs and is on a full roller trailer.

Went and saw his unit yesterday and looks like it works for me too!! Talked to Wayne at CV and he gave me a fair(whats fair these days) and I'll have it in my hot little hands tomorrow. Glad you're happy with yours. Thanks for the reply.

If this post made me chuckle does that mean the military has ruined my sense of humour?

I have the Powerwinch 912 and have had it for 10 years with no problems. Got it online out of the states cheap. It only has one minor flaw. On a shallow ramp you have to plug it in when launching, release the clutch pressure and give it a shot of power to break the clutch free so it will free spool as the clutch tends to stick when left tightened up. It is rated at 11,500 pounds when a pulley is used. I've found as low as $409.00 US online right now. I paid $350.00 US 10 years ago. They were $999.00 here in local stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back