ECVI French Creek/Nanoose

Give me a shout when your back there should be fish. Went 3 for 5 today with two six pounders released and a 11 lber. Lost an low teener at the boat and one other big hit and run. 160ft gerald-ballenas.

Oh ya and to the boat yelling at us for littering today it was a piece of watermelon thrown overboard. To the boat at ballenas that buzzed us nearly cutting the spring off that we were fighting give your head a shake. We were the only boat in the area and i was waving you off.

Sounds like you had an interesting day kelly. Has anyone gone to sangster in the last few days? I'm thinking of heading out on thursday night, curious to see if it is still hot?

Went out solo for an hour last night Gerald area. Boated a 19lber on green/White coyote at 45' in 60' of water. Nice red spring but was already starting to turn dark.

Had a much more interesting day today! Had to take some friends out and the second i left the marina we were into a pod of orcas. I motored slowly about 300m away turned the sounder off and the motor off (unlike some who motored into them [xx(]).They swam right over to us and the big guy came over and checked us out.He bumped the bottom of the boat all on vid.

On the fishing side we landed 4 and lost 1. All 8-15lbs and released the smaller guy. Gerald was hot 10-11 then hit 2 at ballenas around 1. Mrwood thats really shallow! Interesting to hear.

Had a similar experience a while back around Ada. Turned the engine off and they cruised right over. One passed on its side just beside the boat staring at me staring at him. Could have touched him/her with my boat hook.

Seen some off Cape Lazo about 10 minutes ago......... I would guess 5 or 6 of them.

SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

quote:Originally posted by kelly

hes just checking us out.

Were you in full uniform:D Might have something to do with it as whales are hairless also[:0].

Just ribbin ya from your Bamfield post:D. .Great experience for sure and it sure makes one feel priviledged just being out there with them. Nice fish too. Thanks for posting Kelly[8D].

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

hes just checking us out.

Were you in full uniform:D Might have something to do with it as whales are hairless also[:0].

Just ribbin ya from your Bamfield post:D. .Great experience for sure and it sure makes one feel priviledged just being out there with them. Nice fish too. Thanks for posting Kelly[8D].

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

I had a great evening at FC last night, we managed three springs in 2 hours. 14lbs,16lbs,19lbs. 220 feet on the rigger using G/W coyote and confetti hootchi.

Kelly, which part of ballenas are you fishing? Nice fish, and awesome video!

TyeeMonstrausity

I had a great evening at FC last night, we managed three springs in 2 hours. 14lbs,16lbs,19lbs. 220 feet on the rigger using G/W coyote and confetti hootchi.

Kelly, which part of ballenas are you fishing? Nice fish, and awesome video!

TyeeMonstrausity

1. Mrwood thats really shallow! Interesting to hear.

Hi Kelly, I like to try and fish close up and over the shallows. You never catch em like that unless you're doing it. That one hit as I was bringing up the downrigger so it was proabably a bit shallower than 45'. I get a lot of hits when I'm checking lines. Just goes to show that people who work their lines generally catch more fish.
Nice orca rush for you, awesome.
Cheers
mike

1. Mrwood thats really shallow! Interesting to hear.

Hi Kelly, I like to try and fish close up and over the shallows. You never catch em like that unless you're doing it. That one hit as I was bringing up the downrigger so it was proabably a bit shallower than 45'. I get a lot of hits when I'm checking lines. Just goes to show that people who work their lines generally catch more fish.
Nice orca rush for you, awesome.
Cheers
mike

Nice fish boys! well done, and thanks for the pics and vids!

might try and make it out sunday to ballenas, will see how the schedule goes.

Hey bigredsnapper... met your pal here at work yesterday, small world hey?! hope to see you out there soon!

Nice fish boys! well done, and thanks for the pics and vids!

might try and make it out sunday to ballenas, will see how the schedule goes.

Hey bigredsnapper... met your pal here at work yesterday, small world hey?! hope to see you out there soon!

Hey Kelly that whale vid was cool,I've had that happen with my Lab on board going nuts. Usually the fishing sucks after that but I see it didn't stop you. Green and white no doubt, I know it's your "go to". I was at Vesper point walking the dog and saw one boat fishin Gerald and I text to see if it was you and I'm glad you got a couple more. They were nice too by the sound of it but I'm sure you'll post later. Banger17 I guess you saw the dolphin pic and figured it out, ya she's my pal. BRS

Hey Kelly that whale vid was cool,I've had that happen with my Lab on board going nuts. Usually the fishing sucks after that but I see it didn't stop you. Green and white no doubt, I know it's your "go to". I was at Vesper point walking the dog and saw one boat fishin Gerald and I text to see if it was you and I'm glad you got a couple more. They were nice too by the sound of it but I'm sure you'll post later. Banger17 I guess you saw the dolphin pic and figured it out, ya she's my pal. BRS

Fish are all over the normal spots right now but the bites are at odd times and short lived. Went 3 for 4 on springs but didnt fish them that long.12-23 lbs. Goofed around with lingcod and hooked some monsters. Bonked the smaller fish we hooked that were 15-20 lb and released one over 30. Got vid of the biggie and a few pics later. Fishings over now gotta get some work in.

Hey chris at ballenas the only part open is the lighthouse. Nice sand bottom and easy to fish except for one reef directly infront of lighthouse.

Back