Duval Point Fishing Lodge

B

Burtel61

Heading to Duval Point August 15th. Any feedback on the faciliy and or fishing tips?Thank You

I stayed there a number of years ago-- just after they opened the new shore cabins. Great experience and great folks to deal with. Bringing your own boat or getting a lodge boat?? If its one of the lodge boats, make sure you get a couple of downriggers. If you have a handheld GPS-- BRING IT!!! It frequently gets foggy in the mornings in August

BUTTTTT... Its nice to be fishing 2 min from the dock!!!:D

I suggest keeping in touch with this board. Regular update are posted from Hardy .

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Yes it's a great place with great people running it.

Much agree on the GPS-one day I'll tell you what happens when you don't have one....... [:I]

Thank you both for the feedback.GPS was on the list to purchase today.I was getting concerned when I had so many viewing the the topic but no one responding.Looking forward to the bite.

I've heard that Duval Lodge changed ownership. From what I've read in other forums, it doesn't sound good. I've stayed at Duval Lodge many times bringing my own boat but am worried about what I've read...things like no power at the lodges, no freezers at the lodges, and an owner less than pleasant to deal with. I'm keeping an open mind but was hoping that somebody on this forum has current information on the new ownership.

Back