Duro boats

otter

Any one have any knowledge/experience with those rivitless-non weld aluminum boats? Wondering how they stand up over time.

We've had a 16 foot duroboat for 8 years now and we more or less used it as a barge the whole time. It packed all the lumber to build our cabin on ruxton in ALL weather. And its held up well enough, we have a slight crack in the transom bracket but after what the boats been through it makes sense. I use it for fishing on my own quite often and run two riggers and rods off it and works just great.

The hull is better then most aluminum boats of that size because it isnt a flat bottom boat in comparison to lunds, cuts through the waves much nicer for such a light boat.

Overall a good work boat, works for trolling and is a very good jigging platform.

oh yeah and the old dog used to have an easy time getting in and out aswell.
P1010246.jpg

Picture is from august of 07

Ruxton! Rob where abouts are you on the island? Im very good friends with the shaws on herring bay..
when ever im over visiting me and lj arealways out trying to hunt down some fish, but we have no idea on where the areas salmon grounds are, looks liek your doing good on that though ;)

fraid i dont know them. My place is on the side facing valdez between otter and north bay.
And the RCAs make fishing around my cabin very difficult, though i know a few spots outside of the RCA that are productive you're probably just better off running out to thrasher, porlier, grande etc.

12_Ruxton_Pylades20Island.png

I just want to know if the kids are still allowd by law to fish bullheads or not

Thanks for the reply
Ruxton Island, I remeber app 1969,summer,small bay on west side, trolling peetz reel,wire line and planer with 4in Tomic. 2 Springs app 10lb each in 15 min. Quit cause getting dark. Cant remember where we put the boat in. Waterfront lots cheap then.

I had the almost the same boat as Rob for 9 years (15', red), used it to move 80% of the materials for our place on Decourcy. I could load that thing up to the gunwales with stuff and it would get up to plane w/ a 30 hp tiller Yammy. Stable, too. I just never worried. After about 6 years, I replaced a number of the rivets holding the seats and the transom stiffener with ss bolts and nyloc nuts. One of the great features of this boat is that it has an internal (below the floor) frame system which I think really helps in a chop. Tracked excellent due to the V hull; never had an issue with the weldless system, despite some serious abuse...

Man, I miss that boat [V]

I had the almost the same boat as Rob for 9 years (15', red), used it to move 80% of the materials for our place on Decourcy. I could load that thing up to the gunwales with stuff and it would get up to plane w/ a 30 hp tiller Yammy. Stable, too. I just never worried. After about 6 years, I replaced a number of the rivets holding the seats and the transom stiffener with ss bolts and nyloc nuts. One of the great features of this boat is that it has an internal (below the floor) frame system which I think really helps in a chop. Tracked excellent due to the V hull; never had an issue with the weldless system, despite some serious abuse...

Man, I miss that boat [V]

Back