Durable topside paint recommendations?

Oscar162

Any experiences good/bad with durable topside marine paint. Seems there isn’t much in the way of 2 part options this side of the border… likely just pick some up states side, just seeing what’s out there. Have been looking at interlux perfection… but just had an order cancelled as they don’t allow it in Canada.

Endura all the way, painted my first 18'6" Double Eagle with Endura 21 years ago, lives under cover but gets 75-100 hours a year use. Still looks as good as the day it was painted.

Endura is great stuff for sure. However really hard to deal with especially when spraying.

All the good paints are going to be a urethane of some type.

The stuff that's fixable and polishable does not hold up. Endura hold up the best but is not repairable

Thanks guys… canadianmarineparts.com had the Alexseal 501 in the Colour I am after ( Matterhorn Wht), along with the primer and rolling additives ect…. Some good vids of Andy w/ Boatworx Today ( YouTube) laying this product down…. Some great tips and tricks 👍. Cheers

Thanks guys… canadianmarineparts.com had the Alexseal 501 in the Colour I am after ( Matterhorn Wht), along with the primer and rolling additives ect…. Some good vids of Andy w/ Boatworx Today ( YouTube) laying this product down…. Some great tips and tricks 👍. Cheers
Exactly the approach I took. Andy’s vids are very informative and helpful

You will like the matterhorn white. It's a nice white shade. Kinda modern. I used it on a few projects now, and now it's my go to.

Last edited:
All of the 2 part polyurethane paints are pretty tough. Alexseal is repairable, alwgrip is not. Awlgrip is one of the toughest polyurethanes. If you are killing Awlgrip it was not properly applied or you are really tough on boat deck. On our most recent build we have gone with Alexseal because you can blend and buff it..

Attachments

• 1000001010.jpg
    1000001010.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 47
  • 1000000822.jpg
    1000000822.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 47
All of the 2 part polyurethane paints are pretty tough. Alexseal is repairable, alwgrip is not. Awlgrip is one of the toughest polyurethanes. If you are killing Awlgrip it was not properly applied or you are really tough on boat deck. On our most recent build we have gone with Alexseal because you can blend and buff it..

Wiked pics. I'd like to see more of what you have going on there

Where’s the build thread on that beauty!?!

Back