Drop down canvass advise

Hi everyone.
Goin to get a quote on a rear drop canvass for my silver streak soft top this weekend and wondering what others have paid for similer instalations. The style im going for is floor to top of canvass with a roll up section down the middle mostly clearplastic for good visability with blue edges to match my canvass. Anyone had just the drop fown made for their boats? Just looking for a ballpark figure to compare to my quotes!

Cheers!

400 to 500 I wouldn't pay anymore then that. This time of year you maybe able to get a deal.

Thanks for the response guys.

FA. Are those prices for just the drop down curtain!!! Wow pricey!!

Thanks highfive. I have a 18' has a great canvass and poles. Just need the drop curtain made up. I will shop around. We have a boat top company here on saltspring that ive seen nice work from. So hopefully they give a competitive price. Trailering off island adds an extra $150 to the cost!!!!

Both prices are from Top Stitch and Eldorado. Here in the Comox Valley and Campbell River. Both place were for three piece drop down curtains with roll up centre curtain. Two of them bought buy forum members.

^^^ my quote was $700 ish for what you describe from Top stitch

A guy named Luke at Philbrooks in Sidney does some pretty exceptional work. Might not be the cheapest but by far the best ive seen. You get what you pay for. Also they have moorage at vanisle marina so you could run your boat over and he can do it with the boat in the water.

I had one done for my 24' Trophy done in Nanaimo and it was $400-500.

Fine line in Campbell River gave me a good price and service for some canvas repairs.

Make sure to clean with pledge to keep supple honda make a great plastic cleaner.. Also never use paper towel on plastic windows it will scratch them always clean cloth. wax and car buffer can really clear them up if there in bad shape a little work can really pay off.

If you know someone with a sewing machine, Sunbrella is fairly easy to work with (Denim is heavier) even with windows. Might not be quite to the standard of an professional job but if the curtain is meant to be more function than form, you could probably put something together for a fraction of the cost. Use polyester thread (less likely to rot) and search Ebay or the Internet for materials. Years ago we did the canvas on the first boat using the old top as a template. Certainly did the job and worked better than the rotting canvas I had on it.

Best place on island is Fawcet Boat Covers in Parksville. Cheap and good quality. He does all my work. Hard to get in to get your stuff done, but worth it.

Maybe we should buy a sewing machine and some material and make our own.........soooooooooo expensive.

Maybe we should buy a sewing machine and some material and make our own.........soooooooooo expensive.

Haha thats what I did, bought the machine/materials and tools for roughly 2/3 the cost of my quotes.

Back