driftboat up for sale

Sorry I did not mean to offend, I could not help myself.

Dont sell glass short on being tough though as mine is 16ft, 190lbs dry weight, purchased in 1983 and gets shoved over every type of rock known to man or beast. I have taken her down through the boulder gardens of the upper stamp many times but by far the worst the old girl has had to endure is two trailering misshaps. Once just past Cathedral grove the whole trailer broke away off my buddies truck and the boat and trailer came to a stop about 100 ft or so into the bush. The steel trailer was folded in two and never used again but the boat did not have a scratch on it. A few years later on a trip up to the gold we hit black ice and my partner ended up rolling the truck. We were hanging upside down by the seatbelts and the boat was once again flung off the trailer at about 50 mph and there was only a small crack on the outer ridge near the anchor bracket. A bit of gelcoat and she was as good as new.

Glass is quiet, tough, and best of all you can touch up the bottom yourself every decade or so.

From the thread it looks like you are a fan of one material or the other, not both.

Good luck with your sale!

I should clarify. I will ( down the road ) replace this one with one that is made of fibre glass. I like both for their unique qualities.

No offence taken:)

quote:Originally posted by Fins -n- Skins

Hey Tofino guy did you buy chance own a older Willie with no markings or paint on it.. Also did you ever own a jet sled with a merc jet? Willie boats (Simply the Best).
Yes and yes. Guess i'm busted. [B)]
I really have missed the sled. It was very useful on a couple of flows in my area.

quote:Originally posted by onefish

Sorry I did not mean to offend, I could not help myself.

Dont sell glass short on being tough though as mine is 16ft, 190lbs dry weight, purchased in 1983 and gets shoved over every type of rock known to man or beast. I have taken her down through the boulder gardens of the upper stamp many times but by far the worst the old girl has had to endure is two trailering misshaps. Once just past Cathedral grove the whole trailer broke away off my buddies truck and the boat and trailer came to a stop about 100 ft or so into the bush. The steel trailer was folded in two and never used again but the boat did not have a scratch on it. A few years later on a trip up to the gold we hit black ice and my partner ended up rolling the truck. We were hanging upside down by the seatbelts and the boat was once again flung off the trailer at about 50 mph and there was only a small crack on the outer ridge near the anchor bracket. A bit of gelcoat and she was as good as new.

Glass is quiet, tough, and best of all you can touch up the bottom yourself every decade or so.

From the thread it looks like you are a fan of one material or the other, not both.

Good luck with your sale!
The thing i really noticed was that you don't need to have the heater on all day like you do with that COLD Aluminum.

The differance though with this unlike other aluminums is that there is an entire stringer system in place for the floor. It's interior is core cell and PT spruce lumber. It is all seated with bedding compound then epoxy coated. Pretty slick. And fairly warm in comparison to other aluminums.

Hey Tofino guy those were both great rides.. I think i still know who owns them. I was lucky enough to fish out of the sled. Actually i wish i had bought it and repowered it.

You don't need heat but once you have the ability to heat it is hard to keep it shut off. The heater is one of those items that catches you a few fish over the course of the season as you fish a little longer and are less apt to pack it in early as you are still warm and comfy.

I don't care what the boat is made of the heater is great!!

Highlights i`ve seen your boat !your dad did a very nice job on the interior !I also have owned a Lifetimer but mine was a 14` fully loaded. I was never really happy with it! {bugger 2 row ,bad welding ect} compaired to other aluminums of that catagory eg. Willie or Fishrite. The service from Lifetimer themselves brutal! they wouldn`t stand behind that boat of mine.This happened about 10 years ago just after the buyout of the company. Service could be very different today. They left a bad taste in my mouth about Lifetimer boats. Just my 2 cents

tight lines

Highlights i`ve seen your boat !your dad did a very nice job on the interior !I also have owned a Lifetimer but mine was a 14` fully loaded. I was never really happy with it! {bugger 2 row ,bad welding ect} compaired to other aluminums of that catagory eg. Willie or Fishrite. The service from Lifetimer themselves brutal! they wouldn`t stand behind that boat of mine.This happened about 10 years ago just after the buyout of the company. Service could be very different today. They left a bad taste in my mouth about Lifetimer boats. Just my 2 cents

tight lines

Long time! Hows it been going?

Yeah dad did a great job on her but I just redid the interior last fall. If you remeber it originally had two seats up front. I never liked having more than two guys in the boat and with only one guy up front the boat always leaned.So.....one seat. I took out the benches and it really opened the space up. I am not a lifetimer fan. NOt because they are poorly built or because of a customer service issue like you experienced. As a matter of fact I have never had one single complaint about the boat itself. It may be a sickness ( as my wife says ) but like alot of you out there I like the most expensive items I can get my hands on. Fit and finish blow my mind and I have to have it. So , for that reason Lifetimer is not my first choice. As a young guy only in my early twenties however this is what was readily available to me and my inexperienced parents. I bought the shell from Wayne up at Lifetimer and dad helped me make it into something I would be proud to own. Sorry to hear you had a lame time with the guys up at Lifetimer , but I can't say I have experienced the same. I have never been back since I got the boat 14 years ago. ( that should show you guys how well I take care of my things.And I have done alot of drifts over those years! )

Talk later

HL:)

Long time! Hows it been going?

Yeah dad did a great job on her but I just redid the interior last fall. If you remeber it originally had two seats up front. I never liked having more than two guys in the boat and with only one guy up front the boat always leaned.So.....one seat. I took out the benches and it really opened the space up. I am not a lifetimer fan. NOt because they are poorly built or because of a customer service issue like you experienced. As a matter of fact I have never had one single complaint about the boat itself. It may be a sickness ( as my wife says ) but like alot of you out there I like the most expensive items I can get my hands on. Fit and finish blow my mind and I have to have it. So , for that reason Lifetimer is not my first choice. As a young guy only in my early twenties however this is what was readily available to me and my inexperienced parents. I bought the shell from Wayne up at Lifetimer and dad helped me make it into something I would be proud to own. Sorry to hear you had a lame time with the guys up at Lifetimer , but I can't say I have experienced the same. I have never been back since I got the boat 14 years ago. ( that should show you guys how well I take care of my things.And I have done alot of drifts over those years! )

Talk later

HL:)

life is grand highlights! but like you i`ve semi retired from the river lol since kids and life so busy!ocean is where my heart is at this time with family as they all love fishing. But my kids are now at an age they wanna get on the river with dad. So my life is going full circle again and will be back on the river this year or next. I have threw the years snuck out for a few hikes rods in hand 2 fav streams .I still have my old wooden boat rotting in the back yard but lifetimer gonezo

tight lines

life is grand highlights! but like you i`ve semi retired from the river lol since kids and life so busy!ocean is where my heart is at this time with family as they all love fishing. But my kids are now at an age they wanna get on the river with dad. So my life is going full circle again and will be back on the river this year or next. I have threw the years snuck out for a few hikes rods in hand 2 fav streams .I still have my old wooden boat rotting in the back yard but lifetimer gonezo

tight lines

I hear yah!

My time too is spent out on the salt. There I can more easily combine two passions. Those being family and fishing. Where have you been spending your time? What boat are you running out there?

HL

I fish Sooke April to June then head further down the coast as of July and August into mid Sept . I run a Double Eagle love it very fishy boat. Love seeing the wife play slabs and now the kids too.

tight lines

Back