driftboat up for sale

highlights

Anyone looking for a driftboat? Well I am clearing some space.

16' custom aluminum
original floor plan
Oars
30lb and 80lb anchors
rigging
Trailer
Rod holders

$4000.00 Mint condition ( newly epoxied interior )

P1030195.jpg

P1030194-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

HL

i think theres more than 1 plane there.....maybe the plane comes with the drift boat...LOL theres prob. a camera mount on the plane so he can c down rvr from above...lol

shakes

quote:Originally posted by tinboatrobb

Ok, so show us the rest of that R/C plane in the picture....

Lol. At least I wasn't the first to say it. Was going to though. Those things looks pretty sweet. Nice boat too :D

The advertising was from when I ws guiding. ( that and I like bling LOL)

Here are a few picks of some of my rc birds for anyone else interested.

( If I'm not fishing I'm flying :D )

HL

slick-1.jpg

inverted-1.jpg

6.jpg

P1040621.jpg

P1020722.jpg

ultimate.jpg

p-51yellow.jpg

P1020919.jpg

P1060390-1.jpg

capxxx.jpg

PS, if anyone is interested and flies , I have a bunch of other items for sale as well.

.........back to fishing:)

Cool planes! Once upon a time I used to do that too but not even close to the extent you have there. Beauty stuff.

How can it be a nice boat, its not glass. I love the billboard crap on the side though. That is not an eyesore is it?

Eyesore....nah, I have always been partial to flash. All my toys are blingy. LOL

I guess some guys won't like it. Thats OK.

HL

[How can it be a nice boat, its not glass] Are you drunk? Why would you want a heavy glass boat instead of an aluminum boat that in the long run will require way less maintenance?

quote:Originally posted by steeliehead

[How can it be a nice boat, its not glass] Are you drunk? Why would you want a heavy glass boat instead of an aluminum boat that in the long run will require way less maintenance?
You would eat your words if you ever tried rowing a glass boat. There is no comparison as alum boats plow thru the water as the glass boat glides - it takes about 30% less effort to row the glass boat. I owned an alum boat sold it and got a Clakacraft and i've never been happier.

Curious what aluminum u were rowing tofino? Ur probablt right about the clacka unless it was a willie...." simply the best " Glass boats are nice for fly babies in the upper cowichan river, but manover that thing thru a boulder field with rocks the the size of volkswagen beetles and one wrong move and that boat explodes on impact:( I'll agree glass boats are very nice to row, been on the oars of both a clacka and hyde, but when it comes to the type of island dumps and pull outs I'll stick with the willie. Atleast until someone paves our put ins and take outs:D

Pass the Pack

quote:Originally posted by Roe Bags

Curious what aluminum u were rowing tofino? Ur probablt right about the clacka unless it was a willie...." simply the best " Glass boats are nice for fly babies in the upper cowichan river, but manover that thing thru a boulder field with rocks the the size of volkswagen beetles and one wrong move and that boat explodes on impact:( I'll agree glass boats are very nice to row, been on the oars of both a clacka and hyde, but when it comes to the type of island dumps and pull outs I'll stick with the willie. Atleast until someone paves our put ins and take outs:D

Pass the Pack
I owned a Willie. My brother has a Hyde, which is nice as well. BTW, i've hit several rocks and the glass boat didn't "explode". They slide right off the rocks and with an epoxy coating on the bottom the rough pull outs are no problem.Also, what river were you drifting on Van Isl with rocks the size of Volkswagons? [:p]

Like RVP said, not on the oars to much anymore. Opted for power in my old age:D The upper Stamp below moneys in low water can be tricky and lots of boulders the size of vw's. Gold River also in low water can be tricky. To each there own I guess, like I said i've been behind both and will agree a nice fiberglass glides very well. Dumping and dragging and pure abusing the thing I prefer aluminum. Long gone are the days of two vehicles and long drive back up at the end of the day, something I definitely don't miss:D

Pass the Pack

Hey Tofino guy did you buy chance own a older Willie with no markings or paint on it.. Also did you ever own a jet sled with a merc jet? Willie boats (Simply the Best).

Wow, this thread was dead for a while. Stir the pot and everyone climbs aboard. Thanks .LOL

I will buy a Hyde to replace this. Likely in about 5 years or when my kids are old enough to get on the flow. ( if there are any fish left by then :( )

I want wash and wear. Polish it in the fall and she is good for the year.

I too hate taking two vehicles and the long days collecting the gear from the waters edge at the end of a long drift. The jet is the way to go as more and more take outs are being closed or simply eroding away. Problem is that barely any local waters allow for a descent jet.

Actually I am just sick of the whole gig anymore. Too much work it seems to find any fish. Politics.........

I am apprehensive about letting her go as the chapter is a tough one to conclude. So many great memories. To me the grandest of all fish are taken silver bright from emerald green winter flows in the heart of BC wilderness. I love it! .....I'm exhausted though and I think I need a break. I spend alot of time on the chuck now as I can take non fishing friends and relatives. My time is at a premium and spending it on the river just seems selfish.

I need some instant gratification . Seems like it's the only kind I have time for anymore. Bought myself a set of drums and am having a hoot. It keeps me around home and I spend more time with the kids. Never thought I would utter the day when I would potentially give Steelheading up.

Anyways, if anyone is interested in the boat, I have to say that it is a great ride. Very immaculate condition and has a very open floor space that is awsome.

PS I have been in most configurations and I'll tell you that this is an easy boat to move. Lot's of leverage with the position of the seat. I does not however spin on a dime like a willie would with it's more centred helms area. This boats tracks great and takes big water without a problem. As for rocks...... the area of the stamp just below moneys is and can be murder during lower flows. I have only touched rocks on several occassions and she takes it quite well.

And yes those rocks are the size of Volkswagons in some areas.

HL

Back