Dream boat

Think about the insurance $$$$ and the Gas $$$$$ and buy a well used 20 footer like the the rst of us poor folks and when you amortise your annual costs then each Salmon you put on the table will only cost you $100 instead of $4000 :) lol

Nice boat, but for that price you could buy yourself a small fleet and just leave a boat at every marina you'd usually launch from! Then you could just drive a gas sipping little compact car from port to port and save the gas and load/unload time. :)

Bassblaster I like the way you think,
Can I get you to explain that to the wife for me too:D

Hey Greg, I 'am pretty happy with the 2359 trophy I bought, maybe we should do a day on my boat sometime soon as they are a good deal if you can find
one around. You could see for yourself in mine and its great for the bad weather days.

Had a chance to get on one of those last year and look around. They are an absolutely beautiful boat. Pricing seems to be held artificially high by the manufacturer/distributor on Lopez Island. They remind me of Commanders the way the pricing is held high -- excellent quality locally made boat but limited numbers available so the price stays high.

The OceanSport is more than just a fishing boat -- you can call it a full cruiser as well as it's very comfortable. Teak and Holly flooring -- upgraded lighting and fixtures with 2 berths to sleep 4 plus a convertible dinette for 1 or 2 more. It's a nice rig!!!

Hey Greg, I 'am pretty happy with the 2359 trophy I bought, maybe we should do a day on my boat sometime soon as they are a good deal if you can find
one around. You could see for yourself in mine and its great for the bad weather days.

Thx for the offer Dave - you know I'd never miss a chance to go fishing in a comfortable 23' boat with cabin, especially when winter arrives.........but I likely will still buy a Grady or Pursuit !

That boat is WAY overpriced for 5.7 gas gulpers. I know the boat well. If there were diesels in it, then he'd be more realistic. Not to slam the guys at Blackfish but I've talked to a couple of their sales reps over a couple of boats and I asked them to talk dollars and not turkey. Consequently, those 2 boats are still on their dock.....a year later. There is a 34' which comes out of the Fraser River to fish the Bell every now and then..and that boat has me drooling too! I gave him a few sockeye tips and he has invited me out for a day to Thrasher. Never did get the time to go this past spring....DOH!

We have a similar taste in boats Peahead....and yes, these boats are priced HIGH.

Dollar for dollar IMHO if you are looking for an excellent fishing/weekender in the 30ft range the Striper 2901s are excellent. The OceanSport dealer on Lopez has one of the pilothouse versions for $79K right now -- these initially sold for twice that price: http://www.islandsmarinecenter.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?&units=Feet&id=2295621&lang=en&slim=broker&&hosturl=islandsmarinecenter&&ywo=islandsmarinecenter&

I
would own one of these today, however my wife had only one request for our new machine that the galley and dinette all be on a single level with big windows so she could see out -- she doesn't like the concept of "going below" to sleep or cook as she gets seasick. Our 288 was one of the only boats I could find out there in a modest price range that had dedicated sleeping for 4, a single level galley/dinette, big cockpit for fishing and less than 30'. The only other options I could find were Commander-30, OceanSport-30, and SeaSport and all of these boats were at least $100K more than I paid.

Haha i was hypothetically buying and podding it. I would have to rob a bank or grow old before i had 45g in my pocket to buy it.

Sold. See last post.

Yeah that one was priced right to sell. I would do exactly what Kelly was thinking. I like those California boats like Farallon, Davis, Blackman, Skipjack etc. All smaller shops and all handlaid heavy hulls. Tough like dumptruck.

Well, finally found a boat that I just couldn't pass up - a 01 Grady 232 Gulfstream with twin 150 Yam - got a deposit on her now......not quite my "dream" boat like the start of this post however a nice one indeed. The purchase evolved into a partnering up on the boat ( with another forum member ) . We are heading down to North Carolina this Friday to Sea trial her in the Atlantic on Saturday ! I'll get a couple photos on here soon - maybe a sea trial photo !

Back