dock hose/nozzle

demco99

Looking for recommendations on favorite dock hose and nozzle attachments for washdown at the end of the day. My current one has leaky connection between nozzle and hose and I want to replace it with something quality.

Have you tried doubling up the washers and a little wrench tightening? I am installing a deck washdown pump this spring and am using one of those coiled up slender green hoses.

whatever you get make sure its all brass or stainless

Do you mean something like this?

https://www.xhose.com/pro/

I bought a cheaper version at Rona last summer for $14. Works great. But don't think it will last long term.
50' hose that collapses into just a handful. Makes storing simple.
Was looking at getting one of x-hose brand for long term. Has brass fittings too.
Careful though there are cheap x-hose knock offs that are crap

I am going with a hose like this I found in the basement. My wife used it for watering before we installed irrigation everywhere. I just grabbed this pic off the net. Plan to hang it up on the sidewall near the cabin with a quick-disconnect fitting. Will need to hold the coil up, open the nozzle and drain off the water before storage.
green hose.jpg

Having a pressure reducer might help. RV's use them all the time. You would be amazed how the water pressure changes with a elevation drop.

Not sure the exact materials but definitely a more pliable rubber hose as opposed to those cheap, sh*tty plastic ones. Nick are you talking for the top of your slip? Look at Pete's as an example of what NOT to get!

Get a light or mid grade pliable, rubber one. I wouldn't go heavier grade....I have one in my garden and it has downfalls. (Has split a few times near the nozzle) Remember you don't have a big hook to coil on at the club....and you want to ensure you've got plenty of length; most garden hoses tend to be 25 or 50....25 is likely too short for your slip.

As someone else said try adding an extra rubber washer or even plumbers tape on the connection. I swear I have not seen a hose at the club that doesn't leak at the connection to the tap.

Its just a hose....go to Home Depot and check them out. As for a nozzle....get one that turns (more low profile) and not a lever type one you squeeze. They get dragged along docks and inevitably the lever in that your palm squeezes will get snagged on the dock boards, cleats etc.

Something like this would work which is more of a "trigger" type squeeze as opposed to the Palm type lever you squeeze from the back side.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/contractor-grade-d-grip-adj-pistol/942816

Last edited by a moderator:
remember in hot weather to un-pressurize hose!! the heat can cause thermal expansion and force leaks!!

Back