Diesel heater exhaust routing

MongooseX

I installed a planar diesel heater on my 22' sangster. Alls that is left to route the exhaust. Was thinking stack above the cabin... but monoxide could fall and fill the deck area. So not really thinking of doing that. Other choice is routing a pipe to the side but where it wont get hit at the dock. Or having it dump at the rear... thoughts?

Mine is out the side. Sits pretty flush to the hull though, not sure what would get hit. My only advice is be mindful of your fenders.

X3 for out the side. Mine is a few feet into the cockpit and is protected by the rub rail and the fact the hull is on a 10 degree angle. I was a little concerned since it’s in the port side and that is the side I dock the boat on in the marina. I was worried about people getting burnt if it was running and they were boarding. In all honesty it’s completely out of the way if you just stand on the gunnel to get on. However with my parents getting older or small kids they sometimes like to sit down and swing their legs in. Fortunately even for that the vent is just out of the way and remains cool enough that I’m not worried about anyone getting burnt. Just a consideration regardless of where you put it.

Attachments

• 5E6A164B-7785-479F-9F1F-B87B16E3DB2D.jpeg
    5E6A164B-7785-479F-9F1F-B87B16E3DB2D.jpeg
    381.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Back