Diesel Delete Victoria?

kaelc

Had a Christmas surprise on my 2015 F350 Diesel that I managed to keep from costing 1500 down to 500, and avoided doing a delete from 2000-4000 and have a February surprise as well with a NOX sensor code. BC Diesel Surrey and Harbour City seem to be the recommended places, but I'm in Victoria. Would like to keep the delete around the 2k mark but was quoted 3600. I don't care about tuning...just want reliability. Anyone you can recommend?

Thanks, need to keep some pesos for gas.

Had a Christmas surprise on my 2015 F350 Diesel that I managed to keep from costing 1500 down to 500, and avoided doing a delete from 2000-4000 and have a February surprise as well with a NOX sensor code. BC Diesel Surrey and Harbour City seem to be the recommended places, but I'm in Victoria. Would like to keep the delete around the 2k mark but was quoted 3600. I don't care about tuning...just want reliability. Anyone you can recommend?

Thanks, need to keep some pesos for gas.
can you just replace the nox sensor and clean the DPF with a forced regen?

can you just replace the nox sensor and clean the DPF with a forced regen?
Thanks, feel like it would be $1000 and I'd still have to use DEF and I'm afraid I'm going to get something like this every 2-3,000km if I don't delete. Do you think you need OBDII laptop to do the forced regain, I was trying to figure out with the manual and YouTube if warming her up and stomping on the throttle 5 times might be a manual region.

My old mechanic loves his deleted and the guy I chatted with before I bought mine was the same.

i think you are pretty much stuck with Harbour city on the island.
Yeah, Harbour City seems to be pretty good. I just want a basic delete and Level 1 in the highlands wants to do a bunch of things that seem excessive. I'd like to keep the delete costs at about $2000 and that seems to be what Harbour and BC Diesel can do it at, but it would be like gambling to see I can get the truck that far before it goes into limp mode!

I saved a lot of money by getting an injector pump for my Cummins from BC Diesel. I met a client of mine who lives in Surrey, he picked up the pump, met me at the ferry terminal (I went on as a walk on) I gave him a bottle of his favorite I grabbed the pump and made the same ferry back. The next day I had Trevor at Nixon's Truck Services on Burnside install the injector pump and a new lift pump as well.

I had a sensor failure in my 2013 Duramax last August, right before returning to Bamfield for a week of course. I took my truck to Supertech here in Nanaimo. They could've done the sensor for me the following day, but talked me into deleting as they could do it right away. I had been considering it anyways, so it was an easy sell. Deleted with new 4" Flo pro exhaust, moderate tow tune and on the road again in 3 hours for $2000. I'm quite happy with the increased power and no more regens gobbling fuel.

I'm sure it won't be the same as mine's a GM and not a Ford, but I did drive most of the way home from Bamfield the week before with the check engine light on. Mine was just an EGT sensor failure though.

You would need a scan tool to force a proper regen cycle alot of the stuff online is only temp, as the actual regen process is 45mins atleast at high idle in park once the truck and exhaust is warmed up to a certain temp. The problem with DEF systems is alot of guys just daily drive these trucks when they are meant to work! and work hard at that, getting those EGT's higher and burning off that soot in the DPF. If you never do that itll almost always be an issue.

If you can get the DPF removed for 2k I would say just do it get a 4" mbrp or Flo Pro kit installed and EFI Live tuned and be done. But if it comes down to savings of 1000$ or more then consider fixing what you have and get the proper regen preformed as they soot up just like a cat in a gas vehicle would get saturated and plugged over time.

If you got the space to do it and the time, performing the delete is super simple really takes a few hours in the driveway, you can either go with delete pipes($300ish) or a whole exhaust system($500ish) and then for the EGR you could do a delete or just program the valve off. I haven’t ripped an EGR off a 6.7 but I have on 6.4s and it’s an straight forward job but it takes a lot of time and lots of stuff needs to come out to get to the coolers. I would imagine the 6.7 is just as much of a pain in the butt. Not sure what a flash tune costs but I would recommend going with some sort of tuner/monitor I personally like SCT for fords they have good support for custom tunes. Something like the SCT livewire TS is going to run you $800 plus tax for the on road one then you’ll need custom tunes. Everyone’s pricing is abit different but I went with tyrant tuning which I think I paid like $350 US for 2 custom tunes. So for under 2k you could do a full 4” down pipe back exhaust and the monitor/tuner if you did the work yourself. I personally would physically remove the EGR and coolers which is cheap for the parts (couple hundred bucks plus coolant) if you can do it yourself but it’s gonna be a real pain and a full day of going at it. The beauty of it is though you could do the DPF AND DEF delete drive the truck for a few years and do the EGR delete further down the road, it doesn’t need to happen at the same time as deleting the DEF and DPF.

I got all my parts from bc diesel if you decide to go that route. And I think even harbour city will sell you the parts as well and if I remember correctly they will price match bc diesel if you wanted to keep your spending on the island.

yep. just remove all pollution controls and pollute the atmosphere. what could possibly go wrong....

Back