Diesel Air Heaters

Can guarantee you the German one is not a copy of the other. I would pay extra for a Made in Germany one but that’s just how I roll.
It's interesting to see how history repeats: when I was a kid, "Made in Japan" was junk. It's been high-end since the 80's. Chinese stuff (everything) just gets better every year.

It's interesting to see how history repeats: when I was a kid, "Made in Japan" was junk. It's been high-end since the 80's. Chinese stuff (everything) just gets better every year.
I just bought an extension pipe for toilet sink. Could not believe my eyes it was leaking out of the fine thread. Upon inspection they cut the thread so deep it went through the pipe. Junk and an hour wate of time.

Interesting, nice to see Roberts confidence to install on a nice boat. I just spent some big dollars on Victron stuff, but the features, warranty and innovation won me over the cheaper stuff. The price differential wasn’t 3-4X, so it was easier to swallow. I can pay 25-30% premium but $200 vs $2000 is hard to beat.

Yeah , I am going o buy one as a spare at that price, -just in case. He has had zero failures with them and had failures with the Wabasso heaters.

Does anyone know many amps the Vevor or Amazon heaters use? I’ve looked at the ads, but the only advertise the voltage range.

At startup 8-10. While running around 1.5 give or take.
That sounds about right. The fuse should be 15 amps.
On start up with the glow plug heating the heat exchanger the current draw is about 9 Amps. Once the glow plug has been turned off the current draw drops down to about 3 Amps and once the space has reached it's set temp the fan will slow down and current draw is around 1~1.2 Amps. The glow plug turns on again at shut-down.

I found this video online. Don’t know if applies to the offshore knock offs. But good info to prevent problems.
I have 2 but believe all Chinese heaters suggest running on high for a bit, after several hours of low heat operation. That is to clear any soot accumulation.

Back