Did you buy fishing gear for a price too good to be true? Well, it might be my stuff.

Finished Business

Edited .

Last edited by a moderator:
That's really crappy Nick. I hope the holidays get better for you and if you need to borrow anything for a day of winter fishing let me know bud.

Wow... sorry to hear about this! Will be on the look for any items that may come up.
I really hope these thieves get what they deserve someday...

Wow... sorry to hear about this! Will be on the look for any items that may come up.
I really hope these thieves get what they deserve someday...
We do not have punishment enough in our present criminal system. That is why douchebags like this exist. If we DID have correct and appropriate punishment, we would eliminate this kind of scum from society. Triple "S"

Sorry for your loss Nick.

Raw deal Nick...I will put the word out here in Abby at the yard...

Freakin dirtbag thieves...need to be dropped to 100' behind a 15# ball for 2 minutes....

Thanks guys. Its been an interesting two days. Some steely fishing was what took me away from the house, and it was an excellent trip that produced some beauty fish....and well that's really pulling me through these last couple days!

So sorry for you,FB.Just makes me ill to think how I'd feel in you shoes right now. My thoughts are with you man!

Don't think they got the boat, thank god, don't mean to derail your thread but this brings about a reminder to document your gear, take photos, burn em on to a disk or stick and put it in a bank box or safe, makes the insurance claim so much smoother.

Once again sorry buddy...

Unfortunately you will still be discovering things that are missing a year from now. About 30 years ago someone ripped off my garage. We were biking in the neighborhood, but oldest daughter was home. Thank god she did not walk out and find them. But even my insurance agent said would take at least a year before you pretty much knew what they took. 2nd on taking pictures and serial numbers and storing offsite.

Wow that really sucks any time of the year but just before the holidays is even worse. Big time downer. Any rental homes close to you. Often it will be friends of bad tenants or bad tenants that have moved on who know your routines and what to watch for to tip them you are gone for awhile. They would also know what they are likely to find in your home. Only say this as a buddy had both his vehicles taken one night and this was the case for him. He had a rental across the street with problem tenants.

Sorry to hear. Crappy situation. Hope some good comes of it...hopefully home insurance will let you replace the stuff with some great tackle. Also hope the dead beat thieves get theirs...what goes around comes around...Karma baby.

Thankfully the boat is safe. They made off with all my keys for the cuddy, main engine ignition, and hitch lock. Before they could come back I zip-disc'd off the hitch lock and relocated the boat to safer territory, if such a thing exists these days!

Sorry to hear about this. Just the other night, my neighbors truck was broken into and his air compressor was stolen. The tarp on my boat was askew as the thieves had a look into my boat. I keep nothing of value inside the boat. Its my biggest fear to have someone break into my house and steal my prize fishing equipment, some of which I have inherited from my Dad. Top quality vintage items that are no longer made. We have a in house monitored alarm system and always keep doors and windows locked, even in summer months as we have central air conditioning. Im hoping this is enough to thwart any thieves into breaking in and making off with our prized possesions, I cant even imagine what your going through. Again sorry to hear this.

Back