Desolation sound from French Creek

dmurph

Thinking to meet up with some friends heading to desolation sound. Was thinking to fish grants reef and the area around Lund. Have any of you boated there from French Creek, I have a pass at French creek so parking is free and seems safe to leave overnight. Would it be best to run from here or is it better to drive up island and launch at pacific playgrounds or something? I’m now really familiar with French Creek and the run across to secret cove is a pretty easy trip. Thoughts?

Thinking to meet up with some friends heading to desolation sound. Was thinking to fish grants reef and the area around Lund. Have any of you boated there from French Creek, I have a pass at French creek so parking is free and seems safe to leave overnight. Would it be best to run from here or is it better to drive up island and launch at pacific playgrounds or something? I’m now really familiar with French Creek and the run across to secret cove is a pretty easy trip. Thoughts?
When are you heading over? I'd keep outside of Texada and stop in at Hornby for a day at the beach. Nothing like it.

That run won't take too long and since you're used to it why not go inside texada and give the pilings and iron mines a sniff on the way up? Also Sarah point can be great this time of year, from there you're just a short run to refuge Cove.

If you have the time run north on the way back and give denham bay / Phillip's arm and Chatham a look around perhaps? Spectacular area and should be going off this time of year. There are great cabins at Denham Bay to rent which are effectively self serve too, very reasonable. Oh and the dent narrows are always a thrill lol.

Now you've got me looking at my week to see what I can blow off! Have an awesome and safe trip!

Was thinking Monday, have some friends that started up Saturday from buarrd civic
Poop. We're not leaving until next weekend. Would be great to hook up while we're up there. My buddy has a place at Nelson which will be home base for the first week or so. There'll be a bunch of kids there too. Then there's no plan.

When are you heading over? I'd keep outside of Texada and stop in at Hornby for a day at the beach. Nothing like it.
Yeah, take your Dad Bod up to the nude beach and rock it there. My Wife and kids went camping there years ago. They went for a hike and discovered the clothing optional beach. Our kids were astonished that people would be sunning themselves nude. I guess even as 6 and 3 year olds, they were prudes!

Yeah, take your Dad Bod up to the nude beach and rock it there. My Wife and kids went camping there years ago. They went for a hike and discovered the clothing optional beach. Our kids were astonished that people would be sunning themselves nude. I guess even as 6 and 3 year olds, they were prudes!
I need to turn this neapolitan colored body into full chocolate!

Back