Desolation Sound area charter recommendation

BrownDogFishCo

We're headed to the Desolation area Sept 10-17th. Mostly a relaxation type trip (3 couples) but one day me and other guys want to chase springs. We plan to be mostly on the mainland side, thinking fishing out of Powell River. This being my first trip that far up inside I'd love to hear and useful information on charters, reports or suggestions for other activities. I've done a few searches but the reports name local spots I'm not fimualer with and couldn't find any charter info.

I'm the captain and letting the hens plan most everything else. Happy wife, happy life...

Thanks in advance for all your help.
BDFC

I definitely also recommend Powell River Sports Fishing.
Dean is awesome! Great fisherman with excellent attention to detail. He will work hard for you.

FishWish

Thanks guys. I was just informed by the wife the other hens would like to do a hike on Dent Island while we fish. It looks like Campbell River is 25ish mile run and Powell is twice that. Any chance the spring fishing is any good up that far or do we need to get down further into the other areas? I thought I should ask before derailing her Dent plans. Additionally any hike recommendations near Powell River?

Spoke to Dean earlier and would hate to back out on him. Please forgive my noxious questions. Just looking for the best intel.

Thanks guys. I was just informed by the wife the other hens would like to do a hike on Dent Island while we fish. It looks like Campbell River is 25ish mile run and Powell is twice that. Any chance the spring fishing is any good up that far or do we need to get down further into the other areas? I thought I should ask before derailing her Dent plans. Additionally any hike recommendations near Powell River?

Spoke to Dean earlier and would hate to back out on him. Please forgive my noxious questions. Just looking for the best intel.

Hall Pt, Thurston, Denham Bay just up around the corner from Dent have been producing ..so yes fish are being caught up in the area..

I'm heading over to chill in Desolation Sound Friday a.m.
Dinner at Laughing Oyster
Looking to anchor up in Teakerne Arm and probably Roscoe Bay..might give it a go dragging some lines up around Toba.
See what the weekend might bring

Yes if looking for a charter in Powell River. Dean is a your pick very good guide with years of experience.

As for hiking on Dent I'm not aware of much for longer hikes, there are a few on Stuart Island.

As for Powell River the sunshine coast trail is amazing I did a 4 day hike on it this summer. Some good access from right in town or Lund.

Last edited:
Back