Deck Washdown Hose Recommendation?

Sharphooks

Any brand of coiled-up wash down hose you guys can recommend? They all look cheap, like maybe you’d get a season or two out of them before they leak

The SEaflo brand looks decent but reviews says it doesn’t fit a standard hose bib (??)

This is the fitting I have on the boat——any recommendations would be very much appreciated

thanks!

AF91B00B-E48E-4C0E-AAB7-0F73A1D1357D.jpeg

I have a 10 foot, high quality hose that I leave on the washdown at all times. It folds up neatly and lays across the deck in a nice clean manner. I'll usually hang it on the rail while fishing for easy access. I also store a 25 foot hose (same quality) wrapped up in the boat. I maybe use the 25' 3x per year. I'll never use one of those ridiculous coily hoses again. I'm almost positive that they're formed in the fires of hell.

I make mine out of air line with barbed hose ends!
Made for construction easy to fix and lots of framers throw em out for a leak or a rip pretty easy to find 10-50 feet
Great idea. That's basically what this hose is. 3/8 like that green FLEXZILLA! air hose. I have them made at greeline. I even replaced my shower head supply line with it and made it long enough to go outside. Most of Tribune Bay sees my bare butt for a couple weeks a summer.

Great idea. That's basically what this hose is. 3/8 like that green FLEXZILLA! air hose. I have them made at greeline. I even replaced my shower head supply line with it and made it long enough to go outside. Most of Tribune Bay sees my bare butt for a couple weeks a summer.
That's what I ended up doing years ago. That blue airline, and I put overtop of it that braided wire wrap and shrunk wrapped the ends. Right over top of the otegar clamps. Solid connections. Ditch the stupid little hose deck fittings completely as well

So if I step up for a 25 foot coil of this, the next step is cut off the fittings and replace with barbed fittings on one end that have quick-connect fittings on the other end of the barb or are you using barbs/ threaded hose fittings?

And is it soft enough to stay coiled when not in use?

thanks

6DB61552-8C30-48B1-9AAD-AF42D089622B.jpeg

So if I step up for a 25 foot coil of this, the next step is cut off the fittings and replace with barbed fittings on one end that have quick-connect fittings on the other end of the barb or are you using barbs/ threaded hose fittings?

thanks

View attachment 90658
We have one of those at the dock. It's a piece of ****. It has memory after a while.

Best hose so far I've ever seen are the blue ones with aluminum crimped ends with brass fittings. Not sure where you buy them but I see them at a few work yards. The hose is light and has no memory, and it's tough.

We have one of those at the dock. It's a piece of ****. It has memory after a while.

Best hose so far I've ever seen are the blue ones with aluminum crimped ends with brass fittings. Not sure where you buy them but I see them at a few work yards. The hose is light and has no memory, and it's tough.
That's what I have. It's the blue cold temp stuff they use in Alberta. Greenline will make you any length you want with whatever fittings you want.

That's what I have. It's the blue cold temp stuff they use in Alberta. Greenline will make you any length you want with whatever fittings you want.

That's the stuff. That's nice hose. On the small boat I have that airline stuff I described earlier. Big boat we have a 3/4 hose but I'm going to run wirsbo pex under the gunnels all the way around since the deck is 18 x 12 and tired of dragging a garden hose around. Tee off in 4 spots and get greenline to make me some shorter length hose.

thanks

View attachment 90658
Flexilla hose can be bought by the foot at some locations. They also make a dedicated water hose as well.

The best feature of the hose is that you can buy all the different kinds of ends for it and with a few simple hand tools fix it anyplace.

As other’s mentioned better hose can bought but this is very user friendly.

Attachments

• 5EF456B2-64E0-4793-97CD-7EBD08D865C4.png
    5EF456B2-64E0-4793-97CD-7EBD08D865C4.png
    657.1 KB · Views: 51
  • A87C7EAC-BD1E-41BE-AB6A-381951F68990.png
    A87C7EAC-BD1E-41BE-AB6A-381951F68990.png
    526.4 KB · Views: 51
Thanks for that info, BB, and thanks guys for all the helpful comments..the off-the-shelf coiled hoses look like junk so I’d rather have a burlier DIY...

im sure there is a local hose place like newline that would make you up anything you need

I bought a few of those greenline? or newline? blue hoses at Courtenay sleggs by the highway last year... if your in the comox valley

Steer away from newlines zip ties. Holy moly, they might the worst I've seen. Maybe 1 of 3 snaps.

I actually like the 15’ coiled hose I got from Harbour Chandler. I don’t have a lot of floor space so keeping it handy but out of the way is important for me. I only turn the pump on when I’m using it so leaks aren’t an issue either. At $40 even if I replaced it every other year that’s not an expensive piece of maintenance. FAD7D007-4EF3-4E0A-A5A8-DDB79653C318.jpeg

Last edited:
I actually like the 15’ coiled hose I got from Harbour Chandler. I don’t have a lot of floor space so keeping it handy but out of the way is important for me. I only turn the pump on when I’m using it so leaks aren’t an issue either. At $40 even if I replaced it every other year that’s not an expensive piece of maintenance. View attachment 90737View attachment 90737
I would break that whole assembly in about a half hour lol

I actually like the 15’ coiled hose I got from Harbour Chandler. I don’t have a lot of floor space so keeping it handy but out of the way is important for me. I only turn the pump on when I’m using it so leaks aren’t an issue either. At $40 even if I replaced it every other year that’s not an expensive piece of maintenance. View attachment 90737View attachment 90737
That fish bonker likes to live dangerously

I would break that whole assembly in about a half hour lol
I have found that not drinking, not being a spazz and possessing a modicum of dexterity has enabled me to keep my boat’s amenities functioning for much longer😉
Kidding aside, my cheap system has been a game changer for me compared to the bucket and deck brush I was using until last season. I would likely upgrade eventually as per prior suggestions if I had the deck space to leave a hose lying on it but simply running the boat hook through the coils to tuck it up out of the way between uses works great for me.

Back