Dead Fridge in 92 Searay Weekender - Wet Floor in cuddy

Kevin

Hey Guys,

I have a 1992 2780 Searay Weekender, couple issues....

1. - The fridge has crapped out, it makes a grunting sound over and over, but never starts... Boat is stored in Tahsis. Anyone around that repairs or has used replacements? Closest ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

2. the carpet in the cuddy seems to get quite damp, and some days even sopping wet. bilge pumps work fine, no excess water in hull of boat.... One guy explained to me that on hot days, the moisture can be drawn from any water in the hull up into the carpet of the buddy - is this common, or do we have a waterline issue underneath somewhere?

1-you will most likely have to take it out, for repar or replacement. Campbell River, or Courtenay, would be your best bets.

2- portholes or roof vents leaking, Thasis does get a lot of rain, a taste should give you an idea of salinity.

2. If the boat is "in water" check the bow eye; that it is secure and properly sealed. Just had this exact issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a thru hull fitting that was a little loose and leaking when waves rolled up high enough to submerge it then the water found its way to the cabin floor

take the fridge out and turn it upside down for an hour or so and then upright wait an hour and plug it in and see what happens. Some times the refridgerant can settle to much and it wont get started hope this works for you. those little fridges are very very pricy and i dont think they are servicable

take the fridge out and turn it upside down for an hour or so and then upright wait an hour and plug it in and see what happens. Some times the refridgerant can settle to much and it wont get started hope this works for you. those little fridges are very very pricy and i dont think they are servicable
Thanks for the tips and ideas guys, we will give them all a check/try and hope for an easy fix! good luck this season to all!

Kevin

Back