Cuts of meat on sale

No Frills has Pork loins on for $ 2.49 / lb

Busy day yesterday:

vGZisQm.jpg

I3nk4Bf.jpg
Hearty man sized slabs and a Keg sized double snortie I see!! :)

I ended up finding a nice rib roast at Save-On. Asked the butcher for a whole one instead of the one-bone ones they repacked. They come in 3 and 4 bone pieces cryovacced. Most were pretty small and lame looking. Managed to find one good one. Also got a rain check on the sale price from another location that was sold out. Win win

Found another 4kg one at Cambie Save-On. I'm trying to find a bigger one for Christmas but doesn't seem like they carry anything bigger than that.

Also found pork belly at T&T for $3.99lb

Found another 4kg one at Cambie Save-On. I'm trying to find a bigger one for Christmas but doesn't seem like they carry anything bigger than that.

They say they (Save On) will Price Match.
Show the the Quality Foods flyer and call them on that...

At our local Save On, I simply asked the butcher to cut to the sizes I wanted.
He did so ASAP.
Also worth a shot...

Cheers

Also found pork belly at T&T for $3.99lb
You ever hit up Famous Foods? They have a pretty decent butcher.

Also Supreme Meat Supplies just off Boundary is a great spot for stuff like wings and pork belly.

You ever hit up Famous Foods? They have a pretty decent butcher.

Also Supreme Meat Supplies just off Boundary is a great spot for stuff like wings and pork belly.
That place has good things in the meat department for really good prices. Usually their prime roasts are small though. Grass fed. Gotta get the grain finished fat bastards for some big fat prime steaks 😉

Yeah the grain finished is definitely better for steaks. Gorge the cows on junk food to fatten em up before they meet their fate
It's usually mostly corn barley mix or some sort of cheap grain. But yeah pure sugar and carbs lol

It's usually mostly corn barley mix or some sort of cheap grain. But yeah pure sugar and carbs lol

Depends on where you are.
My Buddy & his Dad (both RIP now) were in southern Alberta.
Had a massive cattle operation & dryland farming.
They finished their beef with "chop" - a mix of barley, wheat & alfalfa run through a massive grinding machine.
Best beef I have ever chowed down on!

Cheers

Was working at a Save on today they had a few good size prime rib roasts in the back asked the meat guy to price out the 4 bone roast and was 160. A bit rich for me I think. Looked good though

Was working at a Save on today they had a few good size prime rib roasts in the back asked the meat guy to price out the 4 bone roast and was 160. A bit rich for me I think. Looked good though
Their flyer says 14.99 lb for AA or higher. Maybe have to tell that to the meat department. Tell them to chop up all of their prime into one bone steaks so you can see the grade lol.

Unless that's an almost 11 lb rib. In that case just give 160 bucks for that and walk out smiling

Back