Cuts of meat on sale

so what is the difference from AA and AAA ?

CANADIAN BEEF GRADES​

By understanding Canadian beef grades and their criteria, you can make a more informed decision about purchasing beef!

Grading ensures an optimum eating experience by offering consistency when it comes to determining the quality of the meat you are buying.

PRIME-GRADE BEEF​

Prime grade beef features abundant marbling, its red meat laced with even fat distribution. The presence of this fat means a more tender and juicy cut of beef that should work well in all conditions.

Only 2% of graded beef is given a Prime grade.

AAA-GRADE BEEF​

Unlike Prime beef, AAA-grade beef has only a small amount of visible marbling.

Yet, like Prime, the AAA grade is a high-quality category that will provide a juicy and tender cut of beef that is resilient to various cooking methods.

Up to 50% of graded beef reaches AAA quality and status.

AA-GRADE BEEF​

With only a slight amount of marbling, AA-grade beef is a slight step down from AAA-graded beef.

Still, 45% of graded beef falls under the AA heading, and it can still provide an excellent cooking and dining experience!

A-GRADE BEEF​

The lowest of the four high-quality grades, A-grade beef only constitutes 3% of graded beef in Canada. However, it is still considered adequate enough to be listed as high quality!

A-grade beef should be cooked a little more carefully for best results due to the less evenly distributed fat.

You know what they are all good if you cover with a nice rub blast at 450 for 30 mins then turn it down to 220to 250 and slow cook it till it gets to 130 internal... and then let it sit ( 30mins ). I would put a AAA up beside a AA and ill bet you wouldnt tell the difference its so minimal. to me prime rib is a treat and hardly ever have cause I got moose and venison most of the time.

You know what they are all good if you cover with a nice rub blast at 450 for 30 mins then turn it down to 220to 250 and slow cook it till it gets to 130 internal... and then let it sit ( 30mins ). I would put a AAA up beside a AA and ill bet you wouldnt tell the difference its so minimal. to me prime rib is a treat and hardly ever have cause I got moose and venison most of the time.
All I heard from all of that Roy is.. Mehmehmememehmehmeh

Sure, you can acheive tender. And all beef has a beefy flavour when cooked well. But you just can't compare that with beautifully rendered and charred FAT.

But you just can't compare that with beautifully rendered and charred FAT.
Totally agree with you!!!!! nothng better then charred rosemary/salt/pepper/mustard rub crusted on a roast!!!!
As you know I am also a butcher ,sausage.peperoni maker and when I make hams (some ) will say can you cut off all the fat before you cure and smoke.... im like NNNNNOOOOO leave that on then cut it off

Totally agree with you!!!!! nothng better then charred rosemary/salt/pepper/mustard rub crusted on a roast!!!!
As you know I am also a butcher ,sausage.peperoni maker and when I make hams (some ) will say can you cut off all the fat before you cure and smoke.... im like NNNNNOOOOO leave that on then cut it off
One of the best bbq'd meats I ever had was at this baseball game we were having one summer. I brought my old weber kettle and everyone BYOM'd it. One of my friends showed up with this honkin pork butt steak, half of it being fat. She asked me to "take care of it" for her. We literally had nothing there, no sauce, no rub, sides, nothing. I found some take-out salt and pepper packets in my truck. I took that thing and slow rolled it for about a half hour, then I carved it up with someone's pocket knife into strips and really let the fire go. It was a charred smokey fatty mess. Cubed it all up, tossed it in a beer box with salt and pepper and we feasted on some of the best pork bites I've ever eaten in my life. I'll never forget that meal.

No Frills has Pork loins on for $ 2.49 / lb

Busy day yesterday:

vGZisQm.jpg

I3nk4Bf.jpg

Back