Cuts of meat on sale

how much do these weigh?
about 12 lbs have to ask at the guys inside as they will sell you a whole one they wont put one on the display takes up too much room , thats why you see them cut up all the time..by a case and its even cheaper 4 in a box FYI come trimmed and to size

about 12 lbs have to ask at the guys inside as they will sell you a whole one they wont put one on the display takes up too much room , thats why you see them cut up all the time..by a case and its even cheaper 4 in a box FYI come trimmed and to size
Anyone in the Victoria/Duncan area want to split a box?

Save On has Pork bellies on for $4.99 lb until the 27th
Also Pork Leg roasts for $1.99 if you don't feel like cutting up the whole leg on sale for .99 lb

Save On has Pork bellies on for $4.99 lb until the 27th
Also Pork Leg roasts for $1.99 if you don't feel like cutting up the whole leg on sale for .99 lb
I grabbed 3 whole legs from save on. Great deal! Going to make some delicious pulled pork in the smoker. Safeway in langley has whole bellies for $3.99/lb and smaller pieces for $4.99/lb time to make some bacon!

Try this recipe. I used a pellet grill/smoker and not the dehydrator. I just made a batch on the weekend and it was pretty good. A touch too sweet for me but I’ll use less sugar next time. The beer flavour really comes through. Uses a lot of Worcestershire sauce but it doesn’t come out too strong. Pretty tasty product overall.

And it calls for a part of a beer but I used a whole one.

Last edited:
I want to try my hand an making some beef jerky so ordered a dehydrator and went scouting for beef. This seems like a pretty good deal running at Safeway on top sirloin roast. Pretty excited to make some jerky. Doesn’t seem that difficult... but we will see. View attachment 60933
Partially freeze it to cut it and if you have a meat slicer even better. I used to go to the butcher and have them slice up a cheap cut for me. Good luck! Never tried a dehydrator before I always just did mine in the smoker with the door cracked.

Try this recipe. I just made a batch on the weekend and it was pretty good. A touch too sweet for me but I’ll use less sugar next time. The beer flavour really comes through. Uses a lot of Worcestershire sauce but it doesn’t come out too strong. Pretty tasty product overall.

And it calls for a part of a beer but I used a whole one.

That looks good for the marinade but I’m going to be using a dehydrator and not a smoker... probably better in the smoke though

I grabbed 3 whole legs from save on. Great deal! Going to make some delicious pulled pork in the smoker. Safeway in langley has whole bellies for $3.99/lb and smaller pieces for $4.99/lb time to make some bacon!
I like this thread . So what does one do with the whole legs? I want to buy one and experiment but looking for ideas

I like this thread . So what does one do with the whole legs? I want to buy one and experiment but looking for ideas
Anything you like. It looks like Fox is going to make a lot of pulled pork I boned mine out into five pound cuts and made ham. I bought three from Thriftys at the beginning of the month, and just yesterday two more from Save On. They are in the brine for the next ten days, then I will smoke them.
1611382633099.png
1611382670481.png
1611382708804.png

Picked up two 25 lbers Thursday.
I often make them into hams, but at this point still have around a dozen hams in stock.
So, this lot will go to Bratwurst and additives for other impending sausage productions.

Cheers,
Nog
Hey Matt don’t you prefer shoulder for sausage? I even add back fat to shoulder. Always found the leg too lean, especially with commercial pork. No Frills had shoulder on before Christmas for .99 a lb. picked up 50 lbs. hopefully it goes on again shortly.

cheers

Back