Cuts....a bit of a warning to pay attention to them!

Pippen

Hey Guys,

Just got news today about a buddy of mine from Winnipeg who was living in Toronto. He was back in Northwestern Ontario this past weekend and cut his foot; didn't think anything of it but had some pain. It went untreated for 2-3 days as he just assumed it was a bad cut and the pain was just part of it. Well....they quickly found out that he had contracted flesh eating disease that had VERY quickly moved right up his leg and he had his leg amputated today after 2 surgeries trying to stop it.
icon_frown.gif

I know we're all around objects while hunting/fishing that can cut/pierce you.....if the pain seems to be more than it should and "travelling" or it very quickly turns into what would appear to be an infection....don't waste any time getting it looked at. We all want to be "tough"....but if you notice any of these types of symptoms get it looked at ASAP.

It was a hell of an eye-opener today when I heard about this.​

Flesh eating disease is bizarre. I know one guy who had his arm lopped off. It seems it's kind of a luck of the draw kinda thing.

It is indeed scary stuff. A buddy had it and if he wasn't healthy as a horse (Team Canada rugby player) doc's figured he would lose his leg too! If it hurts, put the chest beating aside.... We have free medical for a reason guys!

I heard rita mcneil the singer had flesh eating disease but they gave her 10 years to live

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha! I saw her on a Xmas show once...... She had a turkey stuck between her teeth.....

Sucks about your buddy Pips.... that is scary stuff.

Rita

I am sure if some of you guys look in the mirror you would see some areas that could do with a major overhaul.. get of the girls case..

Back