Custom CP and Silex

Sr SQ

Good condition Silex (early 80s version)
Spins really nice and only a couple small blems as shown in pics.
This my personal silex but it hasn't seen the water for at least 15-20 years, I just don't river fish anymore.
The rod is a custom wrap old Fenwick GSH 1264, the blank been in my basement for many years and I didn't even remember having it.
In its day these were the blank for local flow steelhead and coho so I decided to spin it up and mate it to the silex.
Really nice combo would like to get $550 for it.IMG_0367.JPG IMG_0370.JPG IMG_0374.JPG

I think it's a little high in my opionion, not that it really matter how I feel. Lol.
The Hardys have really lost some of its value, especially the later versions. I like the fenwick rods but sage and loomis have over taken it.

In other hand, looks like it's beautifully built. I like how the handles look and the upturn reel seats.

Best of luck. I could be entirely wrong on my estimation. Lol, sorry about the high jack.

Last edited:
I think it's a little high in my opionion, not that it really matter how I feel. Lol.
The Hardys have really lost some of its value, especially the later versions. I like the fenwick rods but sage and loomis have over taken it.

In other hand, looks like it's beautifully built. I like how the handles look and the upturn reel seats.

Best of luck. I could be entirely wrong on my estimation. Lol, sorry about the high jack.

The reel by itself would go in the 375 to 400 range given its condition. Why jump in a guys for sale add to give your two bits if your going to down play his pricing. Don't like it? don't buy it.

There is a good deal
Sorry SR SQ for jumping in. Am generally don't really like to involve myself and I didn't really want to post about it. I understand it's an opionion and SteelyDan have every right to say it's a good deal but I think it's a bit high. Sorry to rain on the parade. My bad.

I like this rod more than the sage 3113's.... all comes down to personal opinion.

Beautiful set up and good luck with sale.

Nice rod set up with a reel that would be rated as premium condition (based on appearance). You have to spin them and let it sit to see how smooth it is on the bushing to really assess value. OP says it spins well. I agree its a $400 reel. Getting a custom built collector item 1264 for $150 is a great price.

Never owned a Fen1264 but used a friends many times. I agree with HB that the 1264's are nice and I always felt that the 3113's were a little too limber. I ended up building a 3106 for my Silex. Most people would consider that a bit too stiff for a CP.

BTW, the build on that custom 1264 is very well done. Love the dark/light cork lines. Inspires me to build another, except I too already have too many river rods that I also never use.....

Last edited:
Thx guys. Hyde no worries your entitled to your opinion......
Set-up is spoken for, I will let those interested in order of contact if the deal falls thru.

Back