crappy service with bad attitude

this is how it went i sent my wife into sherwood marine to get my boat motor looked at the service manager came out and look at the motor. he said it looks like one of two problems great seem like he knows his stuff. then he tells her they are really busy but will have time to get it in. another great. here is where it turns to crap. So after work i show up and talk to a different guy he tells me i will be lucky to see my boat till end of next week. crap so didnt know whut to think. the next morning i decide that if they can even get it in till next week and not even give me any kind of date that i will have to find someone else to look at it. it is fishing season. so i went in agian and talk to one of the guys there and agian no date and no help. here comes the service manager there with his kids just to drop something off. he says to me yah your wife droped it off so he remebers her because she is good looking the other guy tells him that i was taking my boat because i found someone else. he said to him fine charge him 20 bucks for storage then. i would have been happy to leave my boat there but with no date and no one even giving a **** there screw that and then to try and charge me 20 bucks for nothing salt on the wound. i will never step foot in sherwood marine ever agian. i hope u all do the same. and for the service manager thank for nothing i hope one day they fire u for being a un helpfull person with no costumer skills, and bye the way i have been in there buying up stuff for my boat but no more. thanks for nothing

I don't deal with Sherwood any more either. Four years ago or so I called them about a quote for a new 4.3/Mercruiser (engine & leg) for the Hawk. The lady says the owner is the one to deal with and that she would have him call me right back.

Not a word from him.

Business is good I guess.

Guess the service manager does not realize the reaching power of boards like this. Its a pain and a pi##-off to you, but his lack of service and vindictiveness will cost him big time now that he has been outed.

I had a similar experience with them as well. I bought my last two boats from them because they sold the brand that I wanted unfortunately. I dealt directly with the owner on the first boat because I had a larger boat as a trade in......I don't even want to go there! The only reason I went back for my Striper was at the time in 08 there was a strong Buck and they couldn't work their magic as much and I had sold my other boat privately to avoid that problem again. I will say that I did have better luck with the parts department (not service) and they were helpful and got me what I wanted. I will guarantee that If I walked in there today after buying 2 boats there since 03 that I would treated the same as I walked in off the street. It's unfortunate.....but I think business really is just too good? I certainly don't expect the red carpet or a card at Christmas or anything.....but I think they could work on costumer relations for sure! IMO :confused:

Back