crabs near cheanuh?

I've had them out a couple of times this year--
Sunday and Monday was the latest time. It seems to be a bit slow this year. I put 2 traps out on Sunday at noon and pulled them first thing Monday for 1 keeper. If you're fishing the weekend you can put them out in the middle of the bay as the tug and booms are not working. If you do that during the week, you are asking for your trap to disappear under the log boom as it goes by.(That's why I went out first thing Monday morning to pull my traps)I've crabbed there for several years and never had a problem with someone stealing my traps.
T2

I always put out a crab trap at cheanuh when I go fishing and almost always get crabs. In the last 5 trips out 3 times have had crabs, mostly dungeness with a few rock crabs mixed in. Don't forget to release the females. I like to put my trap in about 50 feet of water and as you leave cheanuh you will see a lot of traps to your left. I use to put my traps there but this year I have been doing pretty good farther out, closer to the far side of the island. For bait I use Salmon scrapes and heads. Lots of people say to use chicken backs so I guess both will work.

Thanks. With fishing being as slow as it has been I thought I might drop a couple of traps on the way out. Have not tried that area in a few years.

Tips

Back