Crabbing

the butcher

The crabbing is always fairly good to excellent from may until middle of June or just before the commies come out and clean everything out. I have always done well from north arm to past south arm and around boundary bay. Would never have any issues getting my limit during may and June. Haven't been out to crab during past 2 years in these areas but recall it was always good. Last 3 outtings with the family during past 5 weeks we went to crescent Beach and boundary bay.. 2nd time out was at north arm and more recently out at south arm . All 3 times were dismal results when I am doing everything that I've always done and putting traps in same spots where I've always had success in. Between 30-60ft. Filled up bait cage with chicken, fish head and whole herring. Dropping at different depths and different locations. Has something happened to the crabbing during past 2 years along south and north arm? Someone told me FN have been cleaning out boundary bay in past few years. When I was out at boundary bay a few weeks back I chatted to a few boaters and they wet also having dismal catch rates... Lots of undersized and females. Anyone else notice this?

The crabbing is always fairly good to excellent from may until middle of June or just before the commies come out and clean everything out. I have always done well from north arm to past south arm and around boundary bay. Would never have any issues getting my limit during may and June. Haven't been out to crab during past 2 years in these areas but recall it was always good. Last 3 outtings with the family during past 5 weeks we went to crescent Beach and boundary bay.. 2nd time out was at north arm and more recently out at south arm . All 3 times were dismal results when I am doing everything that I've always done and putting traps in same spots where I've always had success in. Between 30-60ft. Filled up bait cage with chicken, fish head and whole herring. Dropping at different depths and different locations. Has something happened to the crabbing during past 2 years along south and north arm? Someone told me FN have been cleaning out boundary bay in past few years. When I was out at boundary bay a few weeks back I chatted to a few boaters and they wet also having dismal catch rates... Lots of undersized and females. Anyone else notice this?
That area gets hammered all year. Non stop. You won't see their buoys.

Opposite to what I have seen we got 20 in 3 hours Sunday afternoon. Has been really good this year
Is that 20 keeper sized? The strange thing is that in 2016,2017 and 2018 I hit the same spots and consistently limited out. The crabbing last 3 times out feels like how it is when the commies clean things out.. Are you deep or shallow?

I’ve seen the no bouy boat often around Jericho the last month or so. But it has been hit and miss. I’ve had some success in the shallows past 2nd mike marker but very inconsistent out in the harbour.

Is that 20 keeper sized? The strange thing is that in 2016,2017 and 2018 I hit the same spots and consistently limited out. The crabbing last 3 times out feels like how it is when the commies clean things out.. Are you deep or shallow?
That’s all keepers, but the natives have started really fishing them now

Back