Crabbing spots

N

neseh

Hi, everyone,

New to this forum, and very very new to crabbing.
Can anybody give me some good spots for crabbing in great vancouver?

I've only been to Cresent beach in White rock, but got nothing!

Thanks a lot!!![:p]

if you have a boat try around the tawassen ferry terminal we use to do well in the bay off the coal port theres a marker with a light on it try around that, weight your nets fairly well the tide runs there pretty good

Thanks a lot, Darmin!
Do not have a boat. That means I have to go somewhere with dock.
So far, I tried Crescent beach in white rock, and I am gonna try Belcarra rigional park.

Anybody else knows where I can go?

no boat ok then. do you know where burnaby gun club is on the barnet highway if your coming from port moody there use to be a big green tower just off the side of the road i dont know if it still there but theres a little road that goes down to the tracks its an old mill site if you can get on the log booms you can drop your nets it use to be good best i can do for you GOOD LUCK:)

Hello Neseh,

I heard Tsawwassen terminal area is closed to crabbing except to first nations, did you hear the same thing?
Also, I went out to Cresent Beach in a little alum boat about 2 weeks ago, put 2 traps out for 1.5hours and caught about 20 each trap but all were undersized so I know they're there but just getting the legal size was the issue for me.
Did you try Darmin's suggestions?

Back