Crabbing at Renfrew on Saturday

Last Chance

Admin
Staff member
Well, got tired of working on the new rig, so grabbed the traps and went to Renny for some crabbing. Grabbed the tin boat from the marina, went out with some friends, and in a couple hours got a box of prime hard shells to show for our trouble.

It was cold, and wet, and a long day to invest in crabs, but the bay was calm, and Renfrew crabs taste damn good *BURP*.

Good for you, plan to go out in March to make sure that I still have a trailer. Not taking a boat so will just enjoy the beaches. Need the break! How is the new boat Kelly.

quote:Originally posted by Merrittboy

Good for you, plan to go out in March to make sure that I still have a trailer. Not taking a boat so will just enjoy the beaches. Need the break! How is the new boat Kelly.

New boat is mostly done, I've had it out. It's just the maddening little final details that I'm still working on, but I'm planning on splashing and prawning with it next weekend to put some hours on the engines.

LC - I went to the link to look at your new boat and the pictures didn't come up for me. Is it just me? What kind of boat did you get?

I wish I could go crabbing. It has been closed here since November and won't reopen until July. I did NOT get my fix last summer. Glad you got go out and get'em.

quote:Originally posted by Cornfed

LC - I went to the link to look at your new boat and the pictures didn't come up for me. Is it just me? What kind of boat did you get?

I wish I could go crabbing. It has been closed here since November and won't reopen until July. I did NOT get my fix last summer. Glad you got go out and get'em.

I picked up a 26' Hourston, painted it, and hung a couple of suzuki 140's on it. I'll post more pics once I have the signage on it, if I get everything done that I need to on Friday, I'm hoping to find moorage in West Bay or some of the other little spots in Vic for a month to shake it down.

Back