Crab traps

You're asking for the best?

Then it's the round S/S sport trap from http://www.ladnertraps.com

"Sport Crab Traps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 inch Rigid Crab-
all stainless construction

no mild steel to cause rust stains on your deck

modelled after our commercial trap with no corners cut

only the size and weight are different so that they are more manageable for the individual user with no need of any winch or pot puller to get them up to the surface
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folding Crab
all stainless - no rust or corrosion

round like the commercial trap with similar styled tunnel entrances

folds in half for easy storage

reassembles quickly and efficiently

dimensions: setup - 30" diameter x 10" tall collapsed - just a 30" semicircle
"

only problem- you will eventually lose them. That will get expensive.
I buy X commercial traps from fishermen. usually pay 20-25 bucks a piece. Don't feel quite as bad when they get stolen.
They are heavy but thats probably a deterant to some thiefs. I've taken a grinder to some and removed the rebar. That makes them a lot lighter.

only problem- you will eventually lose them. That will get expensive.
I buy X commercial traps from fishermen. usually pay 20-25 bucks a piece. Don't feel quite as bad when they get stolen.
They are heavy but thats probably a deterant to some thiefs. I've taken a grinder to some and removed the rebar. That makes them a lot lighter.

I have had lots of non-commercial, in expensive, crab traps, the best are the ones that look like boxes, and have doors that open and close using plastic tube hinges, the rest of the trap is composed of coated wire. - that way it does not corrode over time.
Good luck.[8D]

I have had lots of non-commercial, in expensive, crab traps, the best are the ones that look like boxes, and have doors that open and close using plastic tube hinges, the rest of the trap is composed of coated wire. - that way it does not corrode over time.
Good luck.[8D]

Back