Crab traps Gone....

CrabbyChris

Just a warning to guys crabbing over at Savary Island area...I had all three of my traps ripped off today,and in place are commercial floats at the exact way points my floats were....I have a good idea what happened to them!:mad:

I had my first trap stolen from barnet beach a few weeks back. that ruined my day. I cant believe someone would do such a disgraceful thing.

I've had this happen several times. If the commercial guys keep it up, im going to start cutting lines, 2 for 1.

It's also odd how my traps never catch crabs when I'm not sitting on top of them.

vancouver area,, watch for a boat named "tonga" i have caught them checking/stealing traps atleast three times over the last two years. someone did post a pic of them on here a couple years ago. ballsy, they even re-baited one of my buddies traps and left it in the same spot. they hit traps from howe sound up to indian arm. hopefully this winter i will do something to discourage them, if i see em again... usually three to four asian males. 24-25' glass boat. large letters "tonga"

vancouver area,, watch for a boat named "tonga" i have caught them checking/stealing traps atleast three times over the last two years. someone did post a pic of them on here a couple years ago. ballsy, they even re-baited one of my buddies traps and left it in the same spot. they hit traps from howe sound up to indian arm. hopefully this winter i will do something to discourage them, if i see em again... usually three to four asian males. 24-25' glass boat. large letters "tonga"

I do believe this may be that boat up in Indian Arm! If it is perhaps this is a bit of Karma ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO9QTBKkZz4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv0AM-6z7Xs

If the commercial guys keep it up, im going to start cutting lines, 2 for 1.

That would be a dumb thing to do-- where is your proof that its a commercial guy messing with your traps. We dont need a war. Over the years I have caught three guys messing with my traps. One was a sportfisherman, another a boomboat operator and lastly a log boom. Do I start wars with them?

"where is your proof that its a commercial guy messing with your traps"

I wouldnt actually do it, they are just pissing me off. As for proof, My traps arent in the regular areas. There is a commercial guy there all day, and every time I leave for more than a couple of hours I dont catch any crabs. Other people from my marina know the boat, and have the same issue

That was quite satisfying watching the vids. If they are the ones stealing crabs from crab traps then karma REALLY kicked them in the butt.

Back