Crab Trap pulled by mysterious boat

Dave S

Out on Saturday around James Island area and my buddy decided he wanted to try something. He tied his "go pro" waterproof video camera to one corner of the cage, dropped the trap and we went onto fish for some springs. So a few hours later we came back and pulled the trap. Got a few dungies. Checked the video that night on the computer and among other interesting things we saw, was that at 20 minutes into video, the trap was pulled to the surface, outta the water and then dropped back down. At that point the trap was empty so no crabs for them to snake, but what nerve these jackasses have. Got a view of the rear side of the boat when the trap came out of the water, but not much to work with. Really lame that guys would do that. Next time we are gonna keep a better eye on the traps we drop and see what we see.

I betcha he would drop it faster if you stuck a big sign on top of the trap that just simply said smile for the camera

I don't get why you put your camera in the trap??
To catch someone?? To watch crabs entering the net??

To bad the camera was not pointed the other way.

I would love to see thier pictures.

Busted.......So cool that would be.

not worth losing a camera over
, unfortunately in today's society , scum bags do exist , traps get burned far to often,,
would make it that much $hittier losing the camera too ,
a camera in use while in view of ur trap however , would be kinda cool to watch later...
weve sent one down at the our friends dock ( fish tv ), watched the monitor live over a few pops , hilarious watching all types
of live fair trying to get in on the action ,

fd

I had someone on my boat just recently who did the same thing. They just wanted to watch the crab as they entered the trap. They said it was interesting as many crab were very good at finding their way in while others never could get in. Some ate, others just entered the trap and sat there.

Post it on YouTube and share the link here. Bet someone recognizes them!!!

Has any one strapped a go pro camera to a cannonball?. It would be interesting for sockeye fishing, because their shallow and it might show up on the camera.

You were lucky, most times they take the trap too. You wonder what people are thinking when touch other sportsman's stuff. It's a shame the world has gone so sideways that nothing is safe. Growing up on the farm I remember never taking the keys out of the truck and house was never locked.

Has any one strapped a go pro camera to a cannonball?. It would be interesting for sockeye fishing, because their shallow and it might show up on the camera.

thats what we are gonna do next. i'll see if he will post on youtube so i can put up a link.

Back