crab trap bait sacks

Fixit

looking to find a few more commercial style bait bags (woven mesh sack) but im having no sucess sourcing them out

anyone know where i can find them?

Island Outfitters in Victoria has very heavy duty "chum bags" that are used for holding crab bait. They are approximately the size of the coated wire bait containers. They come with a sliding stopper to close the bag and a plastic snap that you can snap onto the trap where desired. These bags will last for years and are only $3.50 each I believe (may have gone up since I last bought them). They should be available in Van at several locations.

...Rob

Trotac Marine has them;just checked & no they're more like $4:50 now.

thanks guys, i checked nikka online but that website doesnt have much of the small goods shown...

ill pick some up next time im out there, dungees' have been really great lately!!!

Throwin an idea out there....DIY

thanks guys, i checked nikka online but that website doesnt have much of the small goods shown...

ill pick some up next time im out there, dungees' have been really great lately!!!

Hey guys, looked on a long extensive search for these crab bait bags and really didnt find anything I like for the price I am looking to pay - do you think making something like this yourself may be a better idea? Get some woven wire cloth maybe like a 8 x 8 size - as seen here http://www.bwire.com - and try to just build one using 2 cut pieces of this material and some wire ties or just stainless steel wire?

If you buy a small sheet, it shouldnt be too expensive I wouldnt think - or you can buy a couple of larger sheets and make a business out of it!

Back