Crab thief caught

No charges??? I realize it IS a bit small given the backlog in our court system but unless his "financial difficulties" are cured over night by winning a lottery it would seem to me that he is primed to strike again in some other way.

Seriously, guy had enough money for gas to get out to steal the traps!
Theft is Theft, should have been charged with possesion of stolen property even!

What utter BS!! Good old Canadian Justice system again!! Shows you have nothing to fear in the way of punishment if you take the law into your own hands!!
Just Sayin!!!

I wish someone would stake out Sooke harbor for the guy who lifts the traps there, I don't bother anymore after pulling up traps completely empty with the doors bent outward...errg

The seals are good at that.

The seals are good at that.

Them and otters, the later even like to steal salmon when your back is turned :mad:

just wondering what does the thief do with all the crabs .. sell them? if so isn't that a fisheries violaton! two wrongs - don't make...

Last edited by a moderator:
Its really hard to crab in the harbour in the winter, they just follow you. Went out in the early spring with the kids and first one down, as soon as hit the bottom it started bouncing. His head was in the door all the way up.... almost got to pet him with the gaff. Commercial traps fair better but the wire sport traps are pretty easy for them to rip apart.

Better off to use bait cups rather than heads and racks

Them and otters, the later even like to steal salmon when your back is turned :mad:

Otters are great thieves, we had one climb in the back of the boat and grabbed a chicken halibut while loading the boat back on the trailer.
little bugger fell and the halibut landed on top of him before he scurried off.

(no hijack intended):)

(no hijack intended):)

Nothing wrong with a good conversation :D

And back on topic I can't believe the no charges contemplated......

If I ever get arrested I am going to say...

I fell on hard times... They can have them back....... and I'm sorry

tumblr_m7qjrpOiCN1rrlkkp.png

wonder what the judge would have hand down if he had replaced 5 traps so far this year !

I have learnt one thing and thats;

if its a crime against the common man , thats ok, case dismissed.

BUT;

if its against the rich well .... you go straight to jail !!!

Look and see what you get if you rob a bank (25 yrs +) but beat the crap out of a bus driver (Poco) which will never drive again and get a suspended sentance .........

OUR JUDGES NEED TO BE ELLECTED NOT GIVEN THE JOB BECAUSE HE IS A GOOD BUDDY OF THE POWERS TO BE (DONT WANT TO GET IN TROUBLE SO NAME LEFT OUT , LOL )

Back