Crab / Prawn Davit - save your back!

Franko Manini

If you don't have powered puller, a davit makes life a lot easier. You pull down with your arms and body weight rather than raising a trap hand over hand and pulling up. This unit is top of the line. It came with my boat and I have never used it. Retails for $219.99 $US. Includes top and bottom mounts and stainless hardware.

This polished stainless steel davit boom is clean and classy. It looks good, but works even better. With 11-gauge 304 stainless it won't rust or corrode.

Looks good.
Won't rust or corrode.
Davit boom is 1-1/2" outside diameter.
81" Tall - Bends at 42" - Hangs 32" out.

Pictures on the usedvic ad. Located in Victoria (Langford specifically), $100 OBO.

A reasonably ingenious fellow could mount a small wheelchair motor to it and make a really skookum powered puller. Just sayin...

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Crab--Prawn-Davit-System_29266393

Bump - offers. I'm not going to use this thing and it's a beautiful piece of gear. If nobody takes it I'll keep the block off the end and recycle the boom. What a waste...

A lot of people don't realize that a single pulley actually cuts your work in half, it supports half the weight of the object being lifted. Highly recommended for anybody who doesn't use a mechanical puller.

Indeed. I used this a few times for prawning and it makes a huge difference. This is a beautiful piece of gear., Extremely well made. you can't buy the stainless for this price.

A lot of people don't realize that a single pulley actually cuts your work in half, it supports half the weight of the object being lifted. Highly recommended for anybody who doesn't use a mechanical puller.

Easier on the body than pulling straight up for sure, but you need to put the pulley on the trap (and a long rope) to make it less work.

Attachments

• pulley001.gif
    pulley001.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 74
Back