CR Thieves

2 downriggers and two rods fully rigged stolen off my boat last night. Right outside my bedroom window, less than 10 ft away.
I want to boot stomp those thieving f*cks. My boat is sacred to me and I'm pissed. Now I'm gonna have to strip it after every use and tighten up security around here.
Cops said boats are a hot item for thefts right now, riggers, kickers, asst. gear.
Keep your eyes and ears open people and don't leave anything visible. I learned the hard way. Thought I lived in a good neighbourhood too. I guess there is no such thing.:mad:

they got my tackle box before summer everthing was out of the boat but that it was under lifejackets too they had to hunt for it

Sorry to hear that, I never ever leave riggers or rods or anything in plain view in my boat no matter where I leave it. Its pretty much like leaving 100$ bills on your gunnel.

Sorry to hear that...hope Karma catches up with the low life's. Its bad in CR, my insurance won't cover riggers stolen in and around CR...that's how bad it has become.

Good point, BTW Scotty has some new style locks available which may be easier for you to install...and cheaper.

I used to put my downriggers and all other gear in the cuddy, and lock it. The boat was parked in our RV lot in a condo complex, and right under a security light. This was in full sight of a number of units, including ours.
The thiefs opened the rear curtain, and sat in full view while they took the hinges off the cuddy door, to get at the gear.
After that I had to keep all the gear in my garage, which was a pain, but at least I had it when I wanted to go fishing.
I also had two kickers stolen. One of them was after installing a padlocked cover over the hand-screws,and
inaccessable to get at with a bolt cutter, and bolting the kicker through the transum, with the nuts almost unable to touch.
All the locks really do is take a few more minutes for the thiefs, to get at the gear.
Lure-washer

I had a driveway alarm, got tired of jumping out of bed for nothing. I like the baby monitor idea.

I currently use game cameras

Was thinking about adding a IR motion sensor to my home alarm system. A motion sensor with a pet safe setting. When concerned I can place anywhere around my house, boat or shop. This will alert me when something of actual size and temp hovers around areas of concern.

People have no respect. I hate thieves keep and eye out and don't leave anything on your boat..

I am sure you guys heard down here that a guy in Sooke had his boat and trailer stolen at his house... Could you imagine? They come and take your truck with boat hooked up?

Much as how I would like to string these idiots up. In Asia the punishment is usually public caning. Good luck getting that done here. I like this father's idea..It's awesome...[DIk0jIhFwLM] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIk0jIhFwLM

Sucks to hear that Capt. Crunch. My brother had a kicker stolen off his boat in CR and the same thing it was 10 feet from his window.

Two sets of dirt bags in this. The dirt bag thieves and the dirt bags who are buying this *****.

I started with a baby monitor but it went threw batteries, I don't have power close by the boat. The driveway monitor goes a few months on batteries.

I hope there is a special place in hell where these low lifers are banished to an eternity of fixing reels with endless birds nests...other issue is guys who buy this hot stuff...if there was no market for cheap riggers and kickers this would be simple.

Back