Coyote or Silver Horde for Trout?

Seafever

Lots of posts where guys are using 3" plugs for trout.

Begs the question:- anybody used Coyote or Silver Horde spoons of any size for trout?

If not those spoons....what spoons have you ever used for V.I. trout in lakes? (that worked).

My concern with the "croc" spoon is that it's pretty heavy and weighty. It needs to be going fast to get action on it.

I was thinking a lighter spoon like Coyote would have better action at slow speed.

Luhr-Jensen makes a small light spoon called "Needlefish". It's about 2" long and light metal......it's only drawback is it comes with a split ring up front and I'm hesitant to tie a line to a split ring. I guess the option would be to add a tiny swivel to the split ring.....but druthers I'd rather not......

Coho killer sounds good...I'll give it a bath.....

I see it has already mentioned but I have had huge success with the Luhr Jensen Needlefish in pink. I have never had a problem with the split ring.

Nick J:- what knot are you using to tie your line to the split ring?

What lb/test are you using?

Seafever: I'm using 6-10lb test and a simple improved clinch knot. using the same knot I have since is started just use lots of turns. What is the problem that occurs with split rings?

[QUO
TE=triplenickel;240159]Williams Wabler is my favorite trout spoon. Take the treble off and run a pre tied leader with a worm.[/QUOTE]
Are using a half and half or which color do you like? Put a pink macs lure on the end and you would have a good kokanee rig as well.
fh327

The croc doesn't need to be trolled fast to get the right action...at barely a crawl it has a very nice side to side wobble that hammers trout. Try it you won't be dissapointed. My favorite pattern is hammered silver with the orange stripe, or brass in stained water.

[QUO
TE=triplenickel;240159]Williams Wabler is my favorite trout spoon. Take the treble off and run a pre tied leader with a worm.
Are using a half and half or which color do you like? Put a pink macs lure on the end and you would have a good kokanee rig as well.
fh327[/QUOTE]

I'll give that a try, thanks. I like the hammered silver's.

Will try what is suggested here from all......thanks.

While looking at Gibbs gators.....I noticed the Gibbs "Gypsy" looks good too and comes in smaller sizes than the "Gator".

Actually it was the Gypsy I wanted to recommend-the Gator has a snaky action that I don't like might be OK for Pike but not Salmon or Trout.

I do know people who've done well with it but I don't like it at all.

Agree on the Williams Wabler especially in plain silver.

Back